Eklund Rumor: Starving for Trade Rumours

Feb 24, 2017
Why not? Can't the guy just be interested in trades for the sake of it? Why are you here, aren't you interested in trades too? This is a "Trade Rumors and F/A talk" section isn't it?
I don’t whine when they don’t happen.

I don’t post things like “TRADES!!! TRADES!!! I CRAAAAAAAAAAVE TRADES!!!” as I have seen here before.

My original post stands.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Maybe I’m off just because I don’t watch a lot of Florida, but Barkov is not a clear cut top 10 center: Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Matthews, Kopitar, Tavares, Stamkos, MacKinnon, Scheifelie, Seguin, Giroux and Eichel. I’d personally put ahead with lots close. Now don’t get me wrong, I think Barkov is phenomenal and I’m not arguing that.

I’d also think these teams (obvious west cost bias) have better overall center depth. Ducks (Getzlaf, Kessler, Henrique, Vermette), Stars (Seguin, Spezza, Hanzal, Faska), Preds (Johansson, Turris, Bonino, Sissons).

How about Penguins with Crosby/Malkin or WSH with Backstrom/Kuznetsov or Toronto with Matthews/Kadri/Bozak/Marner or Montreal with 10 wingers, Plekanec, and a positionally confused Galchenyuk?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t whine when they don’t happen.

I don’t post things like “TRADES!!! TRADES!!! I CRAAAAAAAAAAVE TRADES!!!” as I have seen here before.

My original post stands.

Whatdya want, a medal? Maybe Santa will bring you one this Christmas!:laugh:
I still don't "get" why you're here? To tell people how to think, what to want and not want? Look in the mirror and figure yourself out before dumping on a fellow poster. We're here to discuss trades etc.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya
Feb 24, 2017
Whatdya want, a medal? Maybe Santa will bring you one this Christmas!:laugh:
I still don't "get" why you're here? To tell people how to think, what to want and not want? Look in the mirror and figure yourself out before dumping on a fellow poster. We're here to discuss trades etc.
I am asking why you need them so badly. And did you lose respect for yzerman? Gain respect for Bourque?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
There's also a couple of pretty decent centers in Boston, ever hear about some guy named Bergeron and another named Krejci?

As I said I have an obvious West cost bias and named the teams that popped to the top of my head. With that being said I think I'd rather have Troch and Bark over Berg and Krej.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
How about Penguins with Crosby/Malkin or WSH with Backstrom/Kuznetsov or Toronto with Matthews/Kadri/Bozak/Marner or Montreal with 10 wingers, Plekanec, and a positionally confused Galchenyuk?

We're talking about teams with the best center depth in the league and you bring up Montreal...................................................................................................

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
We're talking about teams with the best center depth in the league and you bring up Montreal...................................................................................................

My Joke --> (X)
Your Head-> :huh:

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
The Pageau to Florida rumors make no sense.

We are the deepest team in the league down the middle...unless it's something like Bjugstad+ for Hoffman and Pageau.
Oilers...
Mcdavid
Draisaitl
RNH
Letestu
That's depth down the middle.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If someone here is claiming that FLA is the "deepest team down the middle" then there should be some kind of proof in the standings to reflect that (and not just this season).

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Hawks D has finally settled in and has a pretty solid 5v5 team lately.

Most notably forsling has made a jump this year, Murphy has settled in incredibly well on his off side, rutta has been very steady as a top 4d, and osterle/kempny have filled in nicely when called upon.

Keith hasn't been Norris caliber but has been helping new guys on the job so his performance should be given some concession and still plays legit no.1 d. Seabrook has been much better since Ulf started giving forsling and rutta more d zone starts and limiting seabrook minutes

All that being said, Hawks are rolling a good 8D and can't see them being interested in Cole at all whose main game is to sit in the defensive zone and eat pucks. One of the main reasons they got rid of hjalmarsson was to get more mobile and active from the dmen which Murphy is better at. Would be a step back to now trade for hjalmarsson lite

Ulf needs to start targeting the knees of some of your bloated contracts, a rush of practice injuries bring the Hawks major cap relief in 2018

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
you have a 25 year old with one 40pt season to his name as a 2c? he had 14pts in 54 games last year.

Barkov - top 15C
Trochek - High end 2C
Bjugstad - 3C
McCann - 4C that is turning into a 3C

panthers are strong down the middle, but im pretty sure they are well behind a few teams.

the leafs for example, had a 40g #1C, 32g #2C and 55pt #3C

Matthews> Barkov
Kadri < Trochek
Bozak > Bjugstad

Ha Ha!

Obviously, you have yet to discover what a tool behind the scenes Mc Cann is.

No team with Jared McCann on it is winning anything, he's locker room poison in the worst way.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Discuss these points because the pre-trade freeze was pretty uneventful.

* The Calgary Flames and Ottawa Senators have been in talks (almost everyone is talking to Ottawa it appears)...however Calgary is very high on Mike Hoffman...Keeping an eye on that one...

* The Penguins would really like to find a new home for Ian Cole...the latest team I have heard is Chicago...

* The Panthers have been looking around a lot as well....the latest I have heard is Mrazek to Florida (e3) but I know they are also interested in Pageau in Ottawa...

* The Leafs are talking to the NY Rangers...but not about JvR as far as I can tell...Bozak is a possibility...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...e-FreezeLeafs-Sens-Flames-NYR-Florida/1/89722

Yes it's Eklund, but we are starving.

Why give that pathetic fraud site hits or any semblance of credibility?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->