Eklund Rumor: Starving for Trade Rumours

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Discuss these points because the pre-trade freeze was pretty uneventful.

* The Calgary Flames and Ottawa Senators have been in talks (almost everyone is talking to Ottawa it appears)...however Calgary is very high on Mike Hoffman...Keeping an eye on that one...

* The Penguins would really like to find a new home for Ian Cole...the latest team I have heard is Chicago...

* The Panthers have been looking around a lot as well....the latest I have heard is Mrazek to Florida (e3) but I know they are also interested in Pageau in Ottawa...

* The Leafs are talking to the NY Rangers...but not about JvR as far as I can tell...Bozak is a possibility...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...e-FreezeLeafs-Sens-Flames-NYR-Florida/1/89722

Yes it's Eklund, but we are starving.

Reactions: Strafer

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
do not click on that link, it's evil
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgDAAAAJDhjNWViNzc2LWEyMGMtNGE4OS1iN2JhLThhOTYyMmMwNzQxMA.jpg

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
It's been rumoured the Oilers are in on Hoffman as well.

Thankfully the Flames are pretty much out of draft picks for the next couple seasons so it'll be tough to scoop Edmonton... again...

Calgary doesn't make a ton of sense for Hoffman IMO, don't they need RW help more than anything?

Hoffman seems like an odd fit. Kane seems more more likely. More of a goal scorer and plays with an edge.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs are open for sale!

Barrie?
Comeau?
Ghetto?
Soderberg?
Bernier?
Colbourne?

Rebuild continues while pushing towards the playoffs. Prospects, picks or signed pucks.

:popcorn:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Thankfully the Flames are pretty much out of draft picks for the next couple seasons so it'll be tough to scoop Edmonton... again...

Calgary doesn't make a ton of sense for Hoffman IMO, don't they need RW help more than anything?
Pretty sure that Hoffman to the Oilers was one mans speculation.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

The Flames suddenly become in interested in any player the Oilers are rumoured to be after.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
The Pageau to Florida rumors make no sense.

We are the deepest team in the league down the middle...unless it's something like Bjugstad+ for Hoffman and Pageau.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The Pageau to Florida rumors make no sense.

We are the deepest team in the league down the middle...unless it's something like Bjugstad+ for Hoffman and Pageau.

My fantasy team rather likes Bjustad playing first line RW so no thanks

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Deepest team in the league down the middle...?

Barkov.......top 10 C
Trocheck....low end 1C and getting better
Bjugstad.....2C
McCann......developing 3C
MacKenzie..decent 4C
Malgin.........been playing top 6 wing but could be a good 3C
Borgstrom...demolishing the NCAA and projects to stay at Center when he comes to the NHL next year

Our issues stem from lack of any wing depth beyond Dadonov and Huberdeau (also McCann plays poorly on the wing where he's had to be for extended parts of the season) and from having a defense in shambles with goalies that never bail us out. But our center depth is our one bright spot

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Barkov.......top 10 C
Bjugstad.....2C
MacKenzie..decent 4C
Borgstrom...demolishing the NCAA and projects to stay at Center when he comes to the NHL next year

Maybe I’m off just because I don’t watch a lot of Florida, but Barkov is not a clear cut top 10 center: Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Matthews, Kopitar, Tavares, Stamkos, MacKinnon, Scheifelie, Seguin, Giroux and Eichel. I’d personally put ahead with lots close. Now don’t get me wrong, I think Barkov is phenomenal and I’m not arguing that.

I’d also think these teams (obvious west cost bias) have better overall center depth. Ducks (Getzlaf, Kessler, Henrique, Vermette), Stars (Seguin, Spezza, Hanzal, Faska), Preds (Johansson, Turris, Bonino, Sissons).

Reactions: Mike McCarron Jr

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Barkov.......top 10 C
Bjugstad.....2C
MacKenzie..decent 4C

Our issues stem from lack of any wing depth beyond Dadonov and Huberdeau (also McCann plays poorly on the wing where he's had to be for extended parts of the season) and from having a defense in shambles with goalies that never bail us out. But our center depth is our one bright spot

top 10 C?

Reactions: larmex99

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
top 10 C?

Easily. And I'm pretty sure most on here, along with the most recent TSN and NHL.com rankings, have him around 8-10.

Maybe I’m off just because I don’t watch a lot of Florida, but Barkov is not a clear cut top 10 center: Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Matthews, Kopitar, Tavares, Stamkos, MacKinnon, Scheifelie, Seguin, Giroux and Eichel. I’d personally put ahead with lots close. Now don’t get me wrong, I think Barkov is phenomenal and I’m not arguing that.

I’d also think these teams (obvious west cost bias) have better overall center depth. Ducks (Getzlaf, Kessler, Henrique, Vermette), Stars (Seguin, Spezza, Hanzal, Faska), Preds (Johansson, Turris, Bonino, Sissons).

No offense, but MacKinnon, Giroux and Eichel are very clearly at least one or two tiers below Barkov, and none are close to top 10 C's. And I've very rarely seen people put Seguin and Scheifele above Barkov in the almost weekly "Rank the C's" threads here on the main boards.

As for the other teams...

And again, no offense, I don't think many people would agree with you that Barkov-Trocheck is NOT a better duo than Seguin-Spezza or Johansson-Turris.

I get your opinion on Ducks 100%, but imo I like Bjugstad more than Henrique after a similar top 6.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hawks D has finally settled in and has a pretty solid 5v5 team lately.

Most notably forsling has made a jump this year, Murphy has settled in incredibly well on his off side, rutta has been very steady as a top 4d, and osterle/kempny have filled in nicely when called upon.

Keith hasn't been Norris caliber but has been helping new guys on the job so his performance should be given some concession and still plays legit no.1 d. Seabrook has been much better since Ulf started giving forsling and rutta more d zone starts and limiting seabrook minutes

All that being said, Hawks are rolling a good 8D and can't see them being interested in Cole at all whose main game is to sit in the defensive zone and eat pucks. One of the main reasons they got rid of hjalmarsson was to get more mobile and active from the dmen which Murphy is better at. Would be a step back to now trade for hjalmarsson lite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->