Starting Six: Toronto Maple Leafs All-Time Lineup

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Too much generational bias in these threads, which is understandable. People will vote for players they grew up watching.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
There should be no debate on either wing or defence. Frank Mahovlich, Charlie Conacher, Borje Salming and Tim Horton are the easy choices in those positions.

In goal, it's Turk Broda vs Johnny Bower.

At centre, it's Syl Apps vs Ted Kennedy vs Dave Keon... Though I would take Apps quite easily.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
There should be no debate on either wing or defence. Frank Mahovlich, Charlie Conacher, Borje Salming and Tim Horton are the easy choices in those positions.

In goal, it's Turk Broda vs Johnny Bower.

At centre, it's Syl Apps vs Ted Kennedy vs Dave Keon... Though I would take Apps quite easily.

100% agree. There IS a debate at goalie and center positions, and any of the 2 goalies or 3 centers mentioned could be justified.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
90% of players from the 80s and prior couldn't play in the NHL today. These lists are silly. Yeah, Keon and Apps...whatever. They'd ride the pine at best now.

from my perspective this is a very narrow minded approach.

20 years from now 90% of todays players wouldn't make the league.

it's called human evolution.

it's what a players standing within his contemporaries is that needs to be recognized.

seems quite lazy to just pretend that being a current player would put a guy like matt martin ahead of a ted lindsay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->