Coaches: starting coaching

kev85

Mar 27, 2015
How would I go about getting experience in coaching Hockey. I have IIHF level 2 coaching exam passed but never coached hockey. The course was on in February in Dublin Ireland. As we don't have all year round rinks I can't get experience.

I don't want to waste having the level 2 and never use it.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
In your situation, just wanting to find something, I'd be approaching some kids teams, quite probably coached by a dad or dads and seeing if I could help them out in some way. Just explain that you're completed some certifications and are looking to pick up some experience. Is there a local association where you can ask for some official help through their newsletter or similar?

Also or alternatively, if there is any sort of school or coaching clinics being run, you might approach them and see if you can do anything to help. You don't need to be on the payroll to gain some experience.

kev85

Mar 27, 2015
We have the Irish Ice Hockey Association, that is who I did the course with. They have asked me back when the rinks open again around Christmas.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
We have the Irish Ice Hockey Association, that is who I did the course with. They have asked me back when the rinks open again around Christmas.

Can the rinks be used now for floor or roller hockey? If so, consider offering to run a floor hockey program until ice hockey season starts.

kev85

Mar 27, 2015
Can the rinks be used now for floor or roller hockey? If so, consider offering to run a floor hockey program until ice hockey season starts.
I have offered to set up inline hockey for the time being no interest in it where I live. I would have to use the local community Hall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad