starting a lawn tractor with a jump start battery pack

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I have a lawn tractor that has a shot transmission. It isn't worth fixing, but the motor is still good.
My tractor battery is dead, but I have one of those portable jump start battery pack.

I'd like to start the tractor just to run it a few minutes.
Would it be okay to use my portable battery pack for this, or will it be too much and may
fry some of the electrics ?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I have a lawn tractor that has a shot transmission. It isn't worth fixing, but the motor is still good.
My tractor battery is dead, but I have one of those portable jump start battery pack.

I'd like to start the tractor just to run it a few minutes.
Would it be okay to use my portable battery pack for this, or will it be too much and may
fry some of the electrics ?
I think those are 6v batteries and the charger would be for a 12.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I think those are 6v batteries and the charger would be for a 12.
It should be 12 volts. 6 volts is too small. I have a 12 volt battery on my 5hp generator. It's ok to use the jumper box.

OP, I see you are from NY. Do you have Verizon FIOS? If so, go to the backup box. There is a 12 volt battery in that box. You can use it for your tractor. You won't harm anything by taking the battery out of the box. That battery is for the phone line only in case you lose power.

Lemme know how you make out.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I own a jumper pack and used it on my daily when I left a map light on all night, and also used it on my dad's old minivan with a big 4.2L in it when his battery died and I had to keep it going for a day so I could pick him up a new battery.

They're a must-have for not even auto enthusiasts, but anyone who drives a car every day. Do recommend for any petroleum-powered device with a 12v battery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->