Start/Sit Week 5

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
My RB depth is shot from losing Ty'son. Thinking of putting down a significant waiver claim for Damien Williams now. Even if it's just 4 weeks I need a starter.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
my week 4 was a complete nightmare, already got CMC and Higgins injured I got only Waller with a TD

Jones Jr, Ridley, OBJ as my flex and my RB combined for 3.9 pts half ppr (Carson,Gaskin)

Now I am 9th on 10th and I will claim Damien Williams but another guy already ask me to do Williams for Hubbard since I got CMC but the problem is I need a 3rd RB so I think I better keep Williams for the 4-5 weeks Montgomery will be out. CMC will probably comeback week 6 so... What would you guys do ?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
my week 4 was a complete nightmare, already got CMC and Higgins injured I got only Waller with a TD

Jones Jr, Ridley, OBJ as my flex and my RB combined for 3.9 pts half ppr (Carson,Gaskin)

Now I am 9th on 10th and I will claim Damien Williams but another guy already ask me to do Williams for Hubbard since I got CMC but the problem is I need a 3rd RB so I think I better keep Williams for the 4-5 weeks Montgomery will be out. CMC will probably comeback week 6 so... What would you guys do ?

if CMC is coming back in two weeks and Montgomery isnt coming back for four i would probably keep Williams if you could claim him, play him till CMC is back then trade him to the guy that has montgomery as you will have the advantage of not needing Williams and Hubbards value will be far less. you should be able to get more out of the trade once CMC is back. jmo

Reactions: DS7 and Maitz

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
if CMC is coming back in two weeks and Montgomery isnt coming back for four i would probably keep Williams if you could claim him, play him till CMC is back then trade him to the guy that has montgomery as you will have the advantage of not needing Williams and Hubbards value will be far less. you should be able to get more out of the trade once CMC is back. jmo

good advice, thanks bud!

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
good advice, thanks bud!

no problem. My only hesitation would be that the Panthers have an easier schedule for the next two games. But if your team is good and you have a cushion in your standings right now or easy matchups in your league the next two weeks i think you could get a better return trading Williams to whoever owns Montgomery. maybe pick up a WR2 or another asset to flip for something you need.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
no problem. My only hesitation would be that the Panthers have an easier schedule for the next two games. But if your team is good and you have a cushion in your standings right now or easy matchups in your league the next two weeks i think you could get a better return trading Williams to whoever owns Montgomery. maybe pick up a WR2 or another asset to flip for something you need.
The thing is that my whole team underachieved this year, I was pretty confident but right now it looks like

I am currently 9th

QB Wilson
RB CMC Carson Williams Conner Gaskin
WR Ridley Higgins Jones Jr OBJ Waddle
TE Waller
K Gay
DEF Rams

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The thing is that my whole team underachieved this year, I was pretty confident but right now it looks like

I am currently 9th

QB Wilson
RB CMC Carson Williams Conner Gaskin
WR Ridley Higgins Jones Jr OBJ Waddle
TE Waller
K Gay
DEF Rams

i have ran into a bit of the same with Ridley and Gaskin really underachieving this season and also Diggs. he is killing me in my one league. I am in 4th in that one but could be in probably 3rd if i would have played Sanders over him the week before lol.

Reactions: Maitz

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
i have ran into a bit of the same with Ridley and Gaskin really underachieving this season and also Diggs. he is killing me in my one league. I am in 4th in that one but could be in probably 3rd if i would have played Sanders over him the week before lol.

I hesitated between Ridley and Diggs as my 3rd round pick haha but I am not worried with the production for both of them as the targets are there, just a question of when they will breakout

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Najee has performed well the last couple weeks but it seems maybe it’s been in garbage time? Any chance you sit him against the Denver D which is tops against RBs for Patterson against the 30th ranked (vs RB) Jets?

I’ll tell you what bugs me the most is how obvious it appears just from a statistical standpoint.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Najee has performed well the last couple weeks but it seems maybe it’s been in garbage time? Any chance you sit him against the Denver D which is tops against RBs for Patterson against the 30th ranked (vs RB) Jets?

I’ll tell you what bugs me the most is how obvious it appears just from a statistical standpoint.

Cordelle has to crash at some point here but it’s tough not to roster a hot player.

Can you move Harris to the flex? Or do you already have a better player slotted in?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
No flex spot in this league.

damn.

I think cordelle does have alot of upside as they are playing the Jets and Ridley is out so there is a chance he may be playing WR and some RB but its tough to sit Harris as Ben has been so bad lately that they are relying on him heavily.

pick your poison i guess. i dont think i could rightfully suggest one for you as i am split on who would be the best to play.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Mckissic, Perine, Hubbard

Pick 2. 1 pt ppr

Perine is going to get 10+ touches as Mixon is trending to be out. I dont think he catches much though so you may not get that 1pt ppr bump on his statline. They are also playing GB so there is a chance they may be playing from behind which would limit his touches a bit if they have to go to the air.

McKissic is a tough one. his usage is very inconsistent. Gibson is playing with a micro fracture in his shin so maybe McKissic gets a bit more carries this game and he also catches passes on the regular which would be good for your ppr 1pt bump

Hubbard. should see 10+ touches. not sure about what he will see in the air though. CEH just put up 100+ yards against the philly defense so he should do decently.

I think the safe play would be Hubbard and Perine for guaranteed touches/workload.

Or

Hubbard and McKissic for a high risk, high reward play (but possible bust) if you want to try to take advantage of the 1 pt ppr as McKissic should see targets but less touches from the backfield.

Reactions: Terry Yake

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Would I be crazy to start Knox diggs and sanders today ? I also have jake Allen. Or I could sit sanders amd start Corey Davis for the morning game

did not start corey davis thankfully as so far atlanta D is destroying NY.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
damn.

I think cordelle does have alot of upside as they are playing the Jets and Ridley is out so there is a chance he may be playing WR and some RB but its tough to sit Harris as Ben has been so bad lately that they are relying on him heavily.

pick your poison i guess. i dont think i could rightfully suggest one for you as i am split on who would be the best to play.

I left Najee in. 16.5 to 11 for Patterson, so either would’ve been ok but I’m in a dogfight so I’ll need those 5.5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad