Start resting and rotating players (yay or nay)

Rest players?

• Total voters

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Playoff clinched (potentially get 1st in the division).

Do you do rotation and start resting the players before playoffs?

- Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Thornton, Rielly, Muzzin, Holl, Brodie

3 more games to go

All of these guys at least 2 games

- Nylander was out for a while so he is probably fresh.
- Galchenyuk hardly played this season so he is probably fresh too
- Give other players a chance to see what they can do in case of injuries in the playoffs

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Honest answer is none of us can know who can benefit from a rest and who could use a few games. Like at all. Genetics/psychological factors vary person to person + nature of in season injuries. All I would hope is that they leverage the fact that they’ve clinched to optimize player performance by resting those who they think could see an improvement in performance in the playoffs from it. So I guess my answer is yes. You would hope they leverage whatever the heck they can and their eyes are on the real prize

Reactions: glue and egd27

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Assuming Vancouver wins in regulation tonight I think clinch 1st with 1 point or Edm getting anything less than 2. Matty hit his 40,

rotate out 2 of the big 4 and 2 of the Top 4 D rest every night. Or at least keep them under 20 minutes.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Don't really have the numbers to rest more than a few at a time. Only way is in game resting. Give the third and fourth lines 20+ minutes, and the put the stars in Ozone only situations (as much as possible).

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Only thing I’d consider is maybe getting Foligno and/or Hyman in a game to get their sea legs back before the playoffs. Andersen too if the cap works out which I’m sure Dubas and Pridham can do.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i mean im pretty sure the playoffs dont start until after the 19th in the north division..unless players are injured i prefer them playing as long as possible since there will be a decent stretch with no games before playoffs start anyways.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
They've only got 3gms in the next 8 days, and then have another week over that.

So like 3gms in the next 15 days or so.

I'd be more scared of them getting rusty.

Every team in the division is in the same boat. We already know the 4 teams in it, just have to figure out who the 3/4 seed are.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Although resting them sounds like the thing to doz there's really no need. There's a week pause after the season ends, before the playoffs start. More than enough time to rest up.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

That time should be a blessing in terms of getting Hyman and Foligno back as close to 100% as possible

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
There is a cap, plus there is only only so many recalls you can do. Aren't there? I don't think you can play a whole team of Marlies or anything like that.

Reactions: egd27

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Yay. We're only one point either gained by us or lost by the Oilers from clinching first in the division. Run a rotation with the guys on the taxi squad for the last 4 games.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Up to the coach and players. If they think they need rest, go for it. If they want to stay in the rhythm, then go for it. Schedule to finish the year is hardly taxing at all, I'm comfortable with anything they decide.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I’d rest a little, but with the delay to start playoffs because of Vancouver I wouldn’t sit back too much.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

This!
Just reduce their ice time and let the 3rd and 4th lines play more

Reactions: egd27

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
No .. The team has ample opportunity to get rested over the next week and a half. Need to stay in game shape too.

Maybe if they clinch the division tomorrow, they can rotate some guys in/out for the next two. Specifically I'd be ok with resting some key guys against Winnipeg.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I’d rest a little, but with the delay to start playoffs because of Vancouver I wouldn’t sit back too much.
They've been talking about the potential of the North playoffs starting while Vancouver finishes out their games. It's really too early to tell.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They've been talking about the potential of the North playoffs starting while Vancouver finishes out their games. It's really too early to tell.

Might as well just ask Calgary and Vancouver if it's ok to just cancel those games if Montreal locks up that final playoff spot :laugh:

Reactions: Auston 316

Auston 316

Jun 25, 2016
Might as well just ask Calgary and Vancouver if it's ok to just cancel those games if Montreal locks up that final playoff spot :laugh:
Yah I really see no purpose to those games outside of TV revenue.
And if they really want to play them go ahead, but why should the rest of the division get behind schedule cuz a couple bottom feeders need to finish out the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->