GDT: Start of the Death March | Jackets@Penguins | 7:00 PM | NBCSports

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I couldn’t watch the game tonight and glad I didn’t. I can just hear the players say that they need to play harder, compete more, blah blah, blah. Torts will probably want to have the team work on their defense seeing as they gave up three goals (although Crosby had an empty netter). In today’s NHL you have to score goals, Being shut out in an important game such as this is unacceptable.
We need better defense from our forwards! That's why we lost!

LouieBeans

Apr 20, 2018
The fact that the refs baby'd Crosby off the ice, then called a penalty speaks volumes.
Not a fan of either team, but wasn't surprised to see Crosby still pulling the same crap, even in his twilight years.
I don't blame him though, he learned it from the biggest frenchman to ever lace the skates, Mario Lepew.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Missed the game.... other engagement. 0-3 hurts, not one goal??? Bazaar..

I'm going to say again, the Jackets need to play Kinkaid, if for nothing else some new blood in net...

NHL won't show the Jackets for another 2 years... :)

15 games left, we need 10 wins.. There's enough time but we must start winning..

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
We need better defense from our forwards! That's why we lost!
LOL. I hear you! Yes, defense wins championships, and goaltending is huge in the NHL, if you don’t have a good goaltender you are not going anywhere.

However, you need to still score goals. If you give up 0 goals, you still need to score one to win. Having not seen the game, I can’t say we deserved to lose, I have no idea. But you need to score at least one, in a big game such as this, to at least have a chance at winning.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
The fact that the refs baby'd Crosby off the ice, then called a penalty speaks volumes.
Not a fan of either team, but wasn't surprised to see Crosby still pulling the same crap, even in his twilight years.
I don't blame him though, he learned it from the biggest frenchman to ever lace the skates, Mario Lepew.

It was a legit penalty. I must agree that I have never seen the refs call a penalty after watching the replay but it was a penalty. Don't blame Crosby for that.

Reactions: canadianguy77

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Missed the game.... other engagement. 0-3 hurts, not one goal??? Bazaar..

I'm going to say again, the Jackets need to play Kinkaid, if for nothing else some new blood in net...

NHL won't show the Jackets for another 2 years... :)

15 games left, we need 10 wins.. There's enough time but we must start winning..
Korpi saved 28-30 and was by far the jackets best player on the ice . He deserves the start on Sat

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Remember when y’all said I was crazy for saying this team needs a 10 game point streak?

Yeah, that’s now gone to a 6-8 game WIN streak, and 10 game point streak.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
We need better offense from our forwards. That's why we lost.

I didn't think I needed to add the :sarcasm: emoji

LOL. I hear you! Yes, defense wins championships, and goaltending is huge in the NHL, if you don’t have a good goaltender you are not going anywhere.

However, you need to still score goals. If you give up 0 goals, you still need to score one to win. Having not seen the game, I can’t say we deserved to lose, I have no idea. But you need to score at least one, in a big game such as this, to at least have a chance at winning.

I'm shocked people thought I was serious :laugh:. This team's only problem right now is scoring goals. It's why I wanted to trade Werenski for Tarasenko because this team needs high performing goal scorers BUT HEY WE CANT DO THAT ZACH IS 21 AND A FUTURE HOF D MAN SO NO WAY BRO

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I didn't even watch this game and I'm speechless. I remember back to my excitement of meeting some guy in a parking lot to exchange tickets I bought from him on eBay to attend the first real regular season game as a fresh faced kid who had just graduated college and excited my city finally had an NHL team. I've sat through a lot of losing over the years and have kept hope that one day we would be one of the better teams.

I just can't believe what I'm seeing here. The team is just not right. This has to be the lowest of the low and I almost wore a paper bag to a game once at the end of the Scott Arniel/Howson era. Many people on this team seem to have quit. It's been just bad hockey and I unfortunately don't see a way out of it.

Reactions: CPTN71

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
believe what I'm seeing here. The team is just not right. This has to be the lowest of the low and I almost wore a paper bag to a game once at the end of the Scott Arniel/Howson era. Many people on this team seem to have quit. It's been just bad hockey and I unfortunately don't see a way out of it.

You could be right about the quitting. I still think it's a talent thing (cue a few folks telling me how talented we are and we're be a fringe playoff team next year with the "core"):
-The goalies have been playing well last two losses.
-The forwards are bad. Just create no offense. At very end of game they played with a little urgency and got some chances (power play, pulled goalie), but other than that just bad. Duchene didn't have a SOG until late (past mid-way) in 3rd.
-This team is suppose to have a top level blue line. Doesn't look like it. I love Seth Jones but he looks out of it lately. Don't know what is going on with those guys.

They need to get going and fast. Unless someone slips up at best we may be looking at 2nd wild card and Tampa Bay. Not what we need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad