Player Discussion Start appreciating Monahan

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If his own fan base doesn't think that he's a number one center then that's problem . I personally think Horvat is a step down than Monahan but what do I know . Draisitl is McDavids go to guy...you'd think everyone knows that. He can play center but he's kind of like Nylander in the sense that he's much better suited with a center that can. Feed him on the wing.

Anyone on this board that doesn’t think Monahan is a 1C after this season needs their head examined. He’s improved his skating, defensive play and playmaking ability. If he played with a little more of an edge, he would be pretty on par to Getzlaf. He’s definitely put himself in that elite conversation this year.

By comparison I’ve always thought of him as similar to RyJo, he’s blown past him this season.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Anyone on this board that doesn’t think Monahan is a 1C after this season needs their head examined. He’s improved his skating, defensive play and playmaking ability. If he played with a little more of an edge, he would be pretty on par to Getzlaf. He’s definitely put himself in that elite conversation this year.

By comparison I’ve always thought of him as similar to RyJo, he’s blown past him this season.
Two good comparisons

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Gaudreau is a third liner at best just leeching points off Monahan it’s ridiculous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->