Pre-Game Talk: Stars vs Jets - Sunday Mar 18 6:30 pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Getting better.

Once Scheifele is back, flip Copp to 4LW and we're all set.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Perreault-Little-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic

That is a seriously good forward line-up.

Great speed throughout the line-up. Skill on every line. That 4th line is going to be really hard to play against.

Holy crow, if everyone's healthy the matchups for the Jets are ridiculous. Little's line could literally function as the 4th line, or PoMo could toss out CSW or ESL against opposing 4th lines.

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
It's only fitting that Laine scores more goals against a team named the Stars then any other team.
So how many does he score Sunday?
Well, that depends. How long will the Stars keep Lehtonen in before they throw Bishop in? :D
But seriously, Laine has been feasting on Niemi and Lehtonen. Former is no longer with the Stars, so Lehtonen will have to sacrifice himself.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Watching the jets practice at the ice plex everyone seems to be having fun no yellow non contact shief Practicing on the pp thinking he's back Sunday if they haven't mentioned anything yet. Dallas will be practicing at 1pm might stick around and watch

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Kinda hope we lose in OT to help Dallas get in lol hatrick for laine and we lose 5-4 in OT with comrie in net :)

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
kkm8fyM.jpg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'd like to see Little stay with Wheeler and Connor. Obviously Scheifele is great with those two but Little looked the best he has in a hot minute with them, and they played well off Little as well. I think Schiefele with Perreault and Armia has some real potential (or Roslovic, pushing Army down with Copp and Lowry.)

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio: Lowry & Scheifele.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Update on Scheifele/Lowry. Do they have the same representative that Jacob Trouba did? Was the last battle a test for Lowry/Scheifele? Would there be any apprehension in putting them both back in tomorrow? Updates on Enstrom/Kulikov. Is Enstrom an option tomorrow? On having to remove players from the lineup? On minutes played. What kind of urgency is he trying to create with his team? Is there any thought about resting guys before the playoffs? On Kulikov's disappointment. Any updates on Mason/Hutchinson? On Comrie's mindset.

To listen click here.

Reactions: LAINEC

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Could be any combination and I wouldn't hate it. There's not one player in that lineup that if they moved up a line i'd be shaking my head in disgust like previously
Except maybe Tanev. I would not like him to be on our third line over Perrault or Armia.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Kulikov out for season...8 weeks according to Sara. Back surgery.

To bad apart from last few games he played he had a bounce back season, good thing that Chairot has become a semi use full player so the drop off is not as bad as it could of been

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I'm all for introducing the Scheif, Lowery and Toby slowly. I would rather over protect them at this point. We've been playing well enough without them to give Dallas all they can handle. Make sure they are fully healed. If we lose a game or two because of it now, so be it. We need those guys at 100% plus going into the playoffs.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm all for introducing the Scheif, Lowery and Toby slowly. I would rather over protect them at this point. We've been playing well enough without them to give Dallas all they can handle. Make sure they are fully healed. If we lose a game or two because of it now, so be it. We need those guys at 100% plus going into the playoffs.

Yeah no need to rush them. We need everyone healthy if we want to make some noise this year. Make sure they are 110% before going in.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'd like to see Little stay with Wheeler and Connor. Obviously Scheifele is great with those two but Little looked the best he has in a hot minute with them, and they played well off Little as well. I think Schiefele with Perreault and Armia has some real potential (or Roslovic, pushing Army down with Copp and Lowry.)

The upside of the injuries is how much guys like Roslo got to play and establish themselves. The byproduct of that is now as the forwards like Schief, Lowry, Tanev get healthy and with the addition of Stastny our great line options are endless.

Not sure if you feel what I feel but I think we have the makings of a scary good group if we can keep a bit healthy.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
I have never understood "game time decisions" in long term injuries. Play them when they are 100%. You should know that before the day of a game. If they are even doubtful, then they aren't ready. Certainly it's different in a short term or when its playoffs, but at this time of the year....

Reactions: Shazzam

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I have never understood "game time decisions" in long term injuries. Play them when they are 100%. You should know that before the day of a game. If they are even doubtful, then they aren't ready. Certainly it's different in a short term or when its playoffs, but at this time of the year....

Maurice basically said Lowry and Scheifele are 100% now. If they feel the same tomorrow they probably play. He also said Toby is just dealing with pain management.

Reactions: ocdaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad