Stars sign Jordi Kleijs as their new GM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
gbl_logo2.gif

Dallas Morning News
by Richard Durrett

Stars sign Jordi Kleijs as their new GM

Dallas, TX ~ The Dallas Stars came to an official agreement with Jordi Kleijs this afternoon, making him their new Coach/GM. Jordi, who has been coaching and managing in his native Holland where he succesfully won 3 consecutive title's, applied for the job when it became clear that Josh Scott, the running GM/coach of the Stars at the time, had to leave. The terms of the deal are yet to be determined, but it's rumoured to be a multi year contract.

"I'm very happy to play for a franchise at the highest level, but to play for the team I used to support during my entire childhood makes it just that much special." Said Jordi during the press conference. "The Stars are a comitted franchise and have a history of competing at the highest level possible. I am looking forward turning this team into one to be reckoned with and provide a positive contribution to the league."

Current, or exactly, former, Stars GM Doug Armstrong felt relieved with the signing: "Obviously we wanted to replace Josh as soon as possible but we didn't want to rush it and make it a panic move with horrendous consequences. We felt that Jordi was the best candidate available and we think that his European ways of coaching and managing would make this team contending again. He's done the same for the Utah Grizzlies 4 seasons ago where he still has an impressive winning % of .680 standing in the recordbooks while breaking a league record of 11 trades in just 2 seasons."

But as expected, this was Doug Armstrong latest and last move as the GM of the Dallas Stars. "I've mentioned before that I was going to resolve the management staff before I quit. And with the signing of Jordi, my time is done here. He wanted to appoint his own assistant GM so we'll trust him on that. He's a young man with a boat load of potential while having the experience of a 60 year old. Plus, Jordi has the ability to be a succesful coach while being an agressive GM at the same time."

Jordi is expected to announce the hiring of his side by side assistant general manager within a few days.

MSN/e-mail adress: [email protected]
Name: Jordi Kleijs (Modano = God)
Nationality: Dutch

Former teams: Amsterdam Vikings, Utah Grizzlies.
Goal: "Slowly rebuilding the Stars into a prime contender within a year or 3/5"

HFNHL Red Wings

Welcome aboard. Excellent presentation in your post and I'm gpleased to see th international flavour and diversity of the league grow. I do believe you are the first Dutch GM in the league.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Great post, and welcome aboard Jordi! As Brock said, nice to have another HF regular in the mix.

As your first move, perhaps you should contact Ottawa and make an offer for your alias' namesake. They're in some financial trouble and might be willing to move a big salary like Modano's on the cheap (or you can just wait for him to become a UFA this off-season).

Of course, I'm also hoping you consider a "tear it down and rebuild" approach - especially given I have the Stars #1 pick in 2005!

Regardless, you're a welcome addition.

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Nice work!

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Great post, and welcome aboard Jordi! As Brock said, nice to have another HF regular in the mix.

As your first move, perhaps you should contact Ottawa and make an offer for your alias' namesake. They're in some financial trouble and might be willing to move a big salary like Modano's on the cheap (or you can just wait for him to become a UFA this off-season).

Of course, I'm also hoping you consider a "tear it down and rebuild" approach - especially given I have the Stars #1 pick in 2005!

Regardless, you're a welcome addition.

Hey Jordi, you've made this ex-Stars GM proud with a post like that...now if only you can continue the very popular Dr. Pepper Stars Report...all will be fine!

Welcome aboard,
Eric Danis
GM, HFNHL Leafs

Hey Nick, did I give you that #1 pick in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->