Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Joe Pavelski (3 Years, $7M AAV) and Corey Perry (1 Year, $1.5M base, $1.75M bonuses)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
40 points is pretty conservative if he's getting PP time and playing on the 2nd line next year. 50 points is reasonable and not a crazy number to expect though.

I expect he probably hits some rough patches, but I think at least 40 should be the expectation. It would be a disappointment from a Dallas perspective if he couldn't produce like an average 2nd line player next season which is around 20 goals and 40 points.

Anything below that and he didn't take the steps forward you need out of a potential long term option in the Top 6.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
40 points is pretty conservative if he's getting PP time and playing on the 2nd line next year. 50 points is reasonable and not a crazy number to expect though.

I expect he probably hits some rough patches, but I think at least 40 should be the expectation. It would be a disappointment from a Dallas perspective if he couldn't produce like an average 2nd line player next season which is around 20 goals and 40 points.

Anything below that and he didn't take the steps forward you need out of a potential long term option in the Top 6.
If he’s cemented into the top 6 I think it’s unlikely he gets less than 50 tbh . If nuke could put up 30 plus just as a by product of playing with Benn and seguin , hintz should be able to crush that with the way he was driving the offence in the playoffs .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I took a look at Perry’s goals per 60 last season, and his 0.78 would have been fourth among Stars forwards who played at least 15 games. He was essentially on a 15 goal pace, which is more goals than Spezza, Ritchie, and Nichushkin combined.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
For those who listened to it, was anything interesting said during the interview?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Idk might be unpopular opinion but Bob and Dan are so damn cringey.

Yup. Bob is OK, Dan asks some of the dumbest questions possible. I cringed at the Pavelski interview and hoped he wasn't getting pissed off by this idiot.

Reactions: Zapp

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Yup. Bob is OK, Dan asks some of the dumbest questions possible. I cringed at the Pavelski interview and hoped he wasn't getting pissed off by this idiot.
I’m guessing you’re not familiar with the station/show. They aren’t like the hard core sports stations. They’re more all around entertainment with a sports focus and always a lot of laughs. If you’re looking for the guys who takes sports way to seriously Bob is about the only one on the station. (Well, outside of Norm)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I’m guessing you’re not familiar with the station/show. They aren’t like the hard core sports stations. They’re more all around entertainment with a sports focus and always a lot of laughs. If you’re looking for the guys who takes sports way to seriously Bob is about the only one on the station. (Well, outside of Norm)

I don't listen often, I live in Canada, but have tuned into the occasional Stars interview over the years. I know they are a bit goofy and joke around.. but in that Pavelski interview he was like "with blood gushing out of you and blah blah" basically making light/joking about his playoff injury.

I found it in poor taste.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
You guys think he gets a couple more years after the upcoming one?
At this point, absolutely. He's slow, but his game doesn't rely on speed, so it's fine. Only reason I could see him retiring after this season is winning a Cup and wanting to spend more time with his family or a major injury.

Dunno if it will be with the Stars though, they may not want to spend their limited cap on him with young guys needing raises.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
At this point, absolutely. He's slow, but his game doesn't rely on speed, so it's fine. Only reason I could see him retiring after this season is winning a Cup and wanting to spend more time with his family or a major injury.

Dunno if it will be with the Stars though, they may not want to spend their limited cap on him with young guys needing raises.
…needing raises and ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad