Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Daley to extension (6 years, $19.8M)

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
NTC is apparently not a full NTC - according to Mark (via Twitter), it's full for the first two years then "a limited no trade the final four years based on performance."

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I hope the next owner cleans out the front office. Get rid of the scouting staff, get rid of Joes cabinet, and get rid of the coach. This is almost as Pejorative Slured as our draft choices.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I hope the next owner cleans out the front office. Get rid of the scouting staff, get rid of Joes cabinet, and get rid of the coach. This is almost as Pejorative Slured as our draft choices.

I just learned of this during intermission :laugh:

Don't know how to feel about it... NTC... 6 years... burn him

*ahem*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Just when I was starting to think I was wrong, Nieuwy pulls some stupid **** again.

:laugh:

MetalGodAOD*

Daley made hude strides last year. I regularly ragged on him in 2010-2011. Something changed and he found some consistency and poise to his game. Great contract, great leader, great player.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
going by today's dollars the contract is fine. but probably still could have signed daley for less at that time... which would still make it a poor decision... at that time.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Especially after one game. He was great nonetheless.

It hasn't just been one game though. Daley's been a #3 defensemen for at least a year now, and it look's like he's even better these year. He's never going to be a number one but if he plays like he has in these three games all year we can definitely say he's a #2.

If Morrow gets traded, I want Daley to be our next captain.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
NTC is the only bad thing about this. Good luck finding many top 3 defenders for <3.5-4M nowadays. He wouldn't have signed for under 3M, the extra .3M isn't nearly as big a deal as some of you are making it seem.

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
Well if we're in scoreboarding mode I do believe I was getting berated a couple of weeks ago for saying Daley was a #3 / borderline #2.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It hasn't just been one game though. Daley's been a #3 defensemen for at least a year now, and it look's like he's even better these year. He's never going to be a number one but if he plays like he has in these three games all year we can definitely say he's a #2.

If Morrow gets traded, I want Daley to be our next captain.

Hate to say it, but right now he's looking like a safer option for the C than Benn would be.

Doubt a player who holds out for more cash, gets the prestige of a C on their sweater immediately afterwards. :help:

Or, whenever Morrow packs it in/gets traded.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Still not in love with the length of this contract or the dollar amount but keeping Daley appears to be a better move than Goligoski's extension so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad