Stars' Nichushkin just scratching the surface of his talent

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Although the Stars’ postseason ended in a mere six games, Dallas has years of excellence to look forward to from their dynamic winger, Valeri Nichushkin.

Nichushkin added a goal and an assist in the playoffs to the 34 points he scored in 79 regular season games. But his respectable totals do not begin to tell the story of the Russian rookie, whose flashes of dominance included a four-point performance against Philadelphia in December and a three-point outing against Toronto in January.

“There’s been a lot of moments this year where we kind of laughed at each other and realized how good this kid actually is.… read more

More...

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014

Although the Stars’ postseason ended in a mere six games, Dallas has years of excellence to look forward to from their dynamic winger, Valeri Nichushkin.

Nichushkin added a goal and an assist in the playoffs to the 34 points he scored in 79 regular season games. But his respectable totals do not begin to tell the story of the Russian rookie, whose flashes of dominance included a four-point performance against Philadelphia in December and a three-point outing against Toronto in January.

“There’s been a lot of moments this year where we kind of laughed at each other and realized how good this kid actually is.… read more

More...

I said before the draft that he might be the best kid, and although I wouldn't have taken him #1, were I a GM, and had I the number 1 pick, I would have traded down to get 2 high first round picks... knowing that the Russian factor would cause Nichushkin to be undervalued...and hoping that one of those 2 picks would be him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad