Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Leafs | Wednesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Stars lost in Pittsburgh last night and are in Montreal on Tuesday.

Lines are below. Before everyone gets worked up, Leivo was practicing as a d-man last week before Saturday’s game where he played, so he’s still likely in 4LW spot, but I suppose Moore could draw in.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Komarov back on the 2nd line :thumbd:

Once Auston is back, he'll be back on the 4th line. Plus, last game that worked out pretty well as that line shutdown the Crosby line. So maybe they'll be against the Benn-Seguin line this time, while the other lines feast on the Dallas leftovers :nod::naughty:

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I'm always already worked up over Leivo.

I hope next year once some of the UFA's go Leivo gets more of a full time shot, that being said, where would he possibly fit on this lineup once Auston is back right now? I don't see any room unfortunately.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'd start Andersen vs Dallas and mcelhinney vs Buffalo and just alternate starts down the stretch

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If Leivo has to sit; then play Martin. Dalas is a desperate team and they will take liberties with our young folk; Martin has to dress for this game

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
So once again, Leivo impresses with his 8 minutes of ice time... picked up a really nice assist... then gets benched the next game?

I'm all for rotating players, but let someone else sit this one out. Give Marleau a rest or something like that.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
So once again, Leivo impresses with his 8 minutes of ice time... picked up a really nice assist... then gets benched the next game?

I'm all for rotating players, but let someone else sit this one out. Give Marleau a rest or something like that.
Rest Marleau for Leivo? I don't see how that helps the team.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Rest Marleau for Leivo? I don't see how that helps the team.

It helps the team by lightening the load on an aging Marleau so that he is fresh for the playoffs and rewards Leivo for a game well played. It allows Leivo to stay in better game shape should we need him in the playoffs. I'm sure Marleau wouldn't mind having a week off to spend with his family or whatever and rest up for a big cup run.

I just used him as an example though. Give anyone a rest. Give Komarov or Hyman a rest. Doesn't really matter.

Just doesn't seem fair to sit Leivo after the performance he had against the Pens.

We're a lock for the playoffs and our opponent in the first round will be tough no matter who we face.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Plus as mentioned in a hotstove article, they are one winger injury away from having Leivo in there. Be best to keep him sharp. Plus, do they not for the love of everything holy, want to see what they have in him so decisions can be made for next year.

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->