Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
GRR JERTS GRR!!!!

DOOOOOO EEEEEEEET!

If I might offer a small bit of advice - if you have possession of the puck, and you are considering attempting to pass the puck to one of your team mates, first take note of any large men who might be wearing the opposing teams jersey and who are standing between you and the teammate you are intending to pass the puck to. There is approximately an eleventy-billion percent chance the puck will not pass cleanly through the opposing player's body on its way to your teammate.

theres+a+chance.jpeg

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Debbie Downer, in da house!

Sorry for this, but I think the Jets are in for a clown pounding tonight. It's the second game of a back2back, which we know isn't exactly poor Pav's strong point, plus I think the players are now somewhat demoralized. They played well enought to win against LA, figured the season would be a cakewalk and have now discovered that that isn't good enough for the Western Conference.

The coaching staff has no answers for adjustments, both in planning for the game and in-game situations, so if they start out the same as last night it's going to get ugly fast.

They're going to be playing in front of what could be a really angry home crowd, and if they don't score in bunches right off the hop or if they mail in an abysmal PP effort, the boo-birds will be out in force.

If the Jets play as poorly as last night I predict that the chants of "Fire Noel" will drown out anything else. If any of the bad trends continue on Sunday, I will be happy I'm watching at home. Imagine all that happy passion from the first season turned against the team. If Noel gets fired in-season, it will be because the fans will force TNSE's hand.

Even with all that said, I still bet on the Jets to win. Unlike Buggs and Kinjero - traitors!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Unlike Buggs and Kinjero - traitors!

Guilty as charged but I'm doing it for the greater good of the team.

Didn't bet on Oilers or Kings game. All in on Jets for Ducks/Wild games.

Jets are 2-0 when I don't bet on them. 0-2 when I do bet on them.

Correlation does not equal causation but I'm testing a theory here. Vito at least should be supportive. :p:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
They're going to be playing in front of what could be a really angry home crowd, and if they don't score in bunches right off the hop or if they mail in an abysmal PP effort, the boo-birds will be out in force.

That didn't take long to turn against the team. :help::help:

Good luck tonight boys. Should be a good one. Hopefully our boys remember how to play hockey with as long as we've been off.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Good luck tonight boys. Should be a good one. Hopefully our boys remember how to play hockey with as long as we've been off.

It's just the same old story with this team, S99L37. Disinterested play. We've seen it too long and they have to be held more accountable. If you bust your ass and lose, then you have my (and many others' support). If you half ass it, we aren't impressed.

The Stars could be in for a handful tonight.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Looking forward to watching Chiasson play, he is still my dark horse bet to win the Calder this season even with Hertl's start

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

kind of an HFBoards things......if we win and look good we will bust out the cup parade route map again. :laugh:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
So I have to be that guy, right.

"Footgate" is the theme, and not one mention of "The Balkan"?

I can't even find the picture of the guys shoe, has it has dissapeared online?!?!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Claude Noel pre-game scrum

Coach-Noel-October.-11-2013-300x168.jpg

Coach Noel - Thoughts on last night’s game. What can he do to help the players execute better? What does he do when his top 6 are struggling? Where is the negativity come from? Are people hitting panic button too quickly? Having success against Lindy Ruff. What is he expecting from the Stars? Breaking routines. Isn’t it on the players to bring ‘A’ game?

To listen click here.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I thought the guys spent the couple of days before the Wild game working on face offs.

My advise, keep all aspects of the game simple, do what comes natural, don't overthink, including face offs.

And Claude, PLEASE, FFS, STOP JUGGLING THE LINES!!!!! Let the guys play together as units and get some flow.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Just curious, what's the exact definition of "close" in Fenwick close?

Means only when within 2 points or less... it reduces (but doesn't remove) score effects as teams tend to go in defensive shells when they are leading.

Overall, FenwickClose is a little more predictive than regular Fenwick, but since you're cutting away mins in a game (unless the whole game is close) it takes more games to get to a satisfactory sample size... so tradeoffs.

There's also ScoreAdjusted Fenwick which is even better, where it's a weighted algorithm based off of regressions. So like (making ******** numbers up cos I'm too lazy to look up) 100%Tied+80%DownOne+83%UpOne+etc.

Fenwick at 4 games isn't very predictive of our future, nor is each single game. It's only anecdotal like +/- at that size; just tells you what happened at the time.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
It's odd, I don't remember Stuart being this bad last year. Or was he?

Not everyone will agree with me, but to me he was. I saw a lot of the same things I see now.

I wrote a long thing showing all my reasons why, but honest I don't actually enjoy ****ing on our players... I'll just say the numbers point out to Stu struggling all his years as a Jet (and a lot in Boston too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad