GDT: Stars @ Jets | Fri Oct 11 | 7PM | MTS Centre | "Footgate"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
GRR JERTS GRR!!!!

DOOOOOO EEEEEEEET!

If I might offer a small bit of advice - if you have possession of the puck, and you are considering attempting to pass the puck to one of your team mates, first take note of any large men who might be wearing the opposing teams jersey and who are standing between you and the teammate you are intending to pass the puck to. There is approximately an eleventy-billion percent chance the puck will not pass cleanly through the opposing player's body on its way to your teammate.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
On the plus side, we'll probably see 'Trouba was our best D tonight' a lot. But I guess...that's not really a plus. Unless you're looking at the team 6 years from now (and he's still on it). :(

I've thought about that as well 2 out of 4 games Trouba has been the nest D man, doesn't say much about the other D men when a guy who has played 4 NHL regular season games is already better. Think Bogo has looked really average at best this season.

Wheeler and Bogo sure aren't making Chevy look good in handing out those big contracts. Just hope like a lot of guys in here that Chevy didn't over value their worth.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Please win! A 3 game losing streak with a day off Saturday will turn this place into a funeral home!

It's not the losses but the lack of effort in the past two games, the team was sleepwalking against the Ducks and coasted with little to no effort until the 59th minute against the Wild.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Wheeler and Bogo sure aren't making Chevy look good in handing out those big contracts. Just hope like a lot of guys in here that Chevy didn't over value their worth.

Still not sure what's up with Bogo but he's not been up to snuff yet.

Wheeler does best in a fast moving system. It sure looked ok to me last Friday and then somebody sent out a clunker for the last couple of games. Not surprisingly he looked pretty lousy.

Not sure what the game plan was for the Ducks/Wild games, but if it was to slow it down and grind then somebody hasn't really taken stock of the kind of players on this team. LLW-KSS: not exactly slow. Hell, Jokinen's line isn't all that slow and he doesn't look out of place now that he has wingers of similar speed.

Hoping we figure it out tonight. Else the boo-birds will be out at the arena pretty early.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
This trend needs to change tonight boys:
BWTMZHLCYAEyQgg.jpg

Fenwick For %...

ie: what share Jets had of all non-blocked shot attempts...

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Dallas hasn't played since Saturday. Winnipeg should be angry but are on a back-to-back. Could be a clown pounding by either team.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Pretty simple requirement for me to be happy tonight. Just show me some bloody effort and intensity.

A win would be nice, but this team needs to start playing like they care.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm just happy that one of the two teams I cheer for doesn't lose by a touchdown every night. Go Jets Go!

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Pretty simple requirement for me to be happy tonight. Just show me some bloody effort and intensity.

A win would be nice, but this team needs to start playing like they care.

Bang on. Claude said it best after the Anaheim game. Their lacking faceoff percentage and shots on goal show lack of competitive drive.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
The possible bright side for this game is that it is payday and if the Jets are awful then at least I will have lots of alcohol on hand to make them look better

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
What is FF%?

Percentage of non-blocked shot attempts that the Jets had rather than the other team.

(stands for Fenwick For %)

Oh barf.

Stuart isn't the problem and Postman surely isn't the solution.

Lines should be Bogo with Trouba, Clitty with Stu. Let them gel that way.

Meh I'd disagree... Stu is getting beat flat/slow footed, losing the puck to team high unforced possession loss per puck touch (yes, per touch more than Clitsome or Postma) and not even clearing crease well (one thing he's supposed to do well).

To me, Stuart is Thorburn on defense.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
.....and please don't forget to shoot the puck and get some traffic in front of the net.... get some greasy ones! Shoot everything, you never know what goes in.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Bogo was with Trouba at the end of the game last night, unless that was just a fluke. I hope they pair up again. Although with Clitsome not up to par I'd fear for a D pairing of him and Stu or him and Postma.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Forecast for the skies look pretty bleak. I predict 20 pages of the following:

"Why is X playing with X? X should be on that line instead."

"Why is X getting so much ice-time?"

"Why is X still in the NHL? What we need is to call up <insert moderately talented but unproven youngster from AHL>, he's tons better fo sho"

"Fire Noel."

"Lol I told you Noel was a bad coach a year ago with my crystal ball I have here in another province, which I don't actually watch games from."

And of course, 100 posts mentioning James Wright even though he was not the sole reason we lost the game. 50 posts about Jokinen even though he has a somewhat decent game.
:laugh: HFJets in a nutshell.

I'd like to see a hard, bounce back performance. Even though they were outplayed the last two games, they were still "in the game" thanks to solid goaltending. A little intensity could go a long way.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets pre-game audio

Jets-pre-game-skate-300x200.jpg

Blake Wheeler - Keys to improving puck possession. Adjusting to tighter neutral zone in Western Conference? Why does it appear there is a lack of energy? Is there a hump this team needs to get over? What does he expect from Dallas today?

Evander Kane - How does he feel? Group energy? Does group overthink things as they try to implement new systems?

Bryan Little - Bouncing back quickly. Key to preventing a streak. Faceoff issues more mental? Have they set the tone in games? Keys to increasing puck possession? What does he think is behind that? Do they need one player who mixes things up to spur this team?

To listen click here.

Interesting Little comment: "I tried to do everything before the game to prepare against them & it was the worst night I had in my career"

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If the Jets aren't motivated as hell tonight, this team has a serious problem.

If we could only put Kane's drive and hustle into the rest of the team, we'd be unstoppable.

GO JETS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad