GDT: Stars @ Jets | Fri Oct 11 | 7PM | MTS Centre | "Footgate"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
October 11th, 2013 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg

In celebration of the new Central Division and in order to welcome the Dallas Stars into the Jet's division I have decided to dedicate today's GDT to a historic moment in the Dallas franchise history.​

1999: Hull's foot yields contentious feat​
If football is a game of inches, then hockey is a game of feet. At least that was the case in Game 6 of the 1999 Stanley Cup finals, an epic match that began with the Dallas Stars enjoying a 3-2 series lead over the Buffalo Sabres. With just five minutes remaining in the third overtime period, Stars winger Brett Hull goes to the front of the Sabres net, corrals the puck with his foot, takes a shot on Buffalo goaltender Dominik Hasek and then puts his own rebound over the sprawling net minder for the championship-winning goal.
Source CBC

AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION
In order to help build mojo towards a Winnipeg Jets victory against the Stars I call on all HFJets members to post a picture of your foot placed somewhere that it doesn't belong.​

Help show poor Brett that everyone puts the wrong foot forward sometimes... although most of us don't end up with a Stanley Cup when we do.

LINEUPS

:jets Winnipeg Jets :jets
(2-2-0)
FORWARDS
Andrew Ladd - Bryan Little - Blake Wheeler
Devin Setoguchi - Mark Scheifele - Evander Kane
Eric Tangradi - Olli Jokinen - Michael Frolik
James Wright - Jim Slater - Matt Halischuk
DEFENSE
Dustin Byfuglien - Tobias Enstrom
Grant Clitsome - Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart - Jacob Trouba
IN GOAL
Ondrej Pavelec
Al Montoya

:stars Dallas Stars :stars
(1-1-0)
FORWARDS
Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Rich Peverley
Ray Whitney - Cody Eakin - Alex Chiasson
Antoine Roussel - Shawn Horcoff - Erik Cole
Ryan Garbutt - Vernon Fiddler - Valeri Nichushkin
DEFENSE
Alex Goligoski - Sergei Gonchar
Brenden Dillon - Stephane Robidas
Trevor Daley - Jordie Benn
IN GOAL
Kari Lehtonen
Dan Ellis

:5::5:GO JETS GO!!!!:5::5:

Maybe try to suck less tonight please​

Shadowdancer

Professional Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Saskatoon
I'm sure the Jets are well rested for this game, 'cuz they were asleep for most of the last one. Still, I'm optimistic. Time for the team to shake it off and come out swinging aganst the Stars. 3-2 Jets for the win.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Would like the Jets to rest Stu, slot clitsome with postma in the bottom pairing

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
The sky will be falling if the Jets don't win and I am def. not looking forward to that. Let's get some happy vibes going. GJG!

White Out 403*

At this point my expectations are so low I just want the team to show up and not get dominated. Jesus :( 2-0 seems so far away.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
The sky will be falling if the Jets don't win and I am def. not looking forward to that. Let's get some happy vibes going. GJG!

Forecast for the skies look pretty bleak. I predict 20 pages of the following:

"Why is X playing with X? X should be on that line instead."

"Why is X getting so much ice-time?"

"Why is X still in the NHL? What we need is to call up <insert moderately talented but unproven youngster from AHL>, he's tons better fo sho"

"Fire Noel."

"Lol I told you Noel was a bad coach a year ago with my crystal ball I have here in another province, which I don't actually watch games from."

And of course, 100 posts mentioning James Wright even though he was not the sole reason we lost the game. 50 posts about Jokinen even though he has a somewhat decent game.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Forecast for the skies look pretty bleak. I predict 20 pages of the following:

"Why is X playing with X? X should be on that line instead."

"Why is X getting so much ice-time?"

"Why is X still in the NHL? What we need is to call up <insert moderately talented but unproven youngster from AHL>, he's tons better fo sho"

"Fire Noel."

"Lol I told you Noel was a bad coach a year ago with my crystal ball I have here in another province, which I don't actually watch games from."

And of course, 100 posts mentioning James Wright even though he was not the sole reason we lost the game. 50 posts about Jokinen even though he has a somewhat decent game.

"Clitsome" and "pizza" appear at least 5 times in the same post.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Nice GDT Gnov^h^h^h^h Sweeny!

I expect a dominant performance, and lots of parade planning afterwards. ;)

Go :jets Go!

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I hope Pavelec plays
I want to see this place in complete meltdown mode.

No reason not to play him. I don't care about the yadda yadda he is bad in back to backs blah blah

It is ****ing game 5 not 55
There is no reason you should be tired. Christ they would have been home in bed by midnight last night.
He is your #1 goalie. He is paid as your #1 goalie.
It's an important divisional game. Get out there and play.

Last edited:

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Ya I agree start Monty, btw its not only back to back... It's going to be 3 in 4 nights as the next game is Sunday against Jersey.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
It's 1-0 this season as we won vs. LA last Friday night, so... here goes nothin'. :D

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Nice GDT Gnov^h^h^h^h Sweeny!

I expect a dominant performance, and lots of parade planning afterwards. ;)

Go :jets Go!

Actually it sucks. My original GDT did work out so had to quickly toss something up.
The effort was very Oct 10th Jets-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad