Rumor: Stars getting calls on Julius Honka

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
What went on with him. He looked promising in the AHL
Can't play defense at all, basically lost on his side of the blue line, timid with the puck, takes to long to make decisions and tries to force things when he does finally make a decision, doesn't have very good passing.
He has great skating but that is really all he has going for him.

Has to be super sheltered.
He has a pretty decent wrist shot when he can actually use it but his indecisiveness with the puck causes him to be unable to use it

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
If the Sens move Ceci for a forward/pick then I’d look at Honka. Would the stars be interested in Ceci though perhaps?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
To bad we didn’t deal him for a 3rd today lots of players I liked in that round (that we would have passed on anyways).

Could've been dealt for his brother, whom I believe went in the 3rd round (might remember wrong). Would've been funny, but okay I understand, Dallas fans have seen enough Honkas and Honkas have seen enough of Dallas. I want to see what he could do elsewhere. Probably his last chance in the NHL.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Could've been dealt for his brother, whom I believe went in the 3rd round (might remember wrong). Would've been funny, but okay I understand, Dallas fans have seen enough Honkas and Honkas have seen enough of Dallas. I want to see what he could do elsewhere. Probably his last chance in the NHL.

That would have been funny. I think his brother has higher potential than him so I wouldn’t have been opposed

Reactions: Mestaruus

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hopefully Chevy is one of them calling. We could use RHD, maybe a change of scenery could help since that seems to be our direction now lol. More Finns to Finnipeg.

What do Stars fans expect for him? Mid round pick?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hopefully Chevy is one of them calling. We could use RHD, maybe a change of scenery could help since that seems to be our direction now lol. More Finns to Finnipeg.

What do Stars fans expect for him? Mid round pick?

That'll do just fine

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Can't play defense at all, basically lost on his side of the blue line, timid with the puck, takes to long to make decisions and tries to force things when he does finally make a decision, doesn't have very good passing.
He has great skating but that is really all he has going for him.

Has to be super sheltered.
He has a pretty decent wrist shot when he can actually use it but his indecisiveness with the puck causes him to be unable to use it

Sadly a lot of this is the Stars own fault and confidence related. Maybe a change in scenery could improve it a bit. Hopefully we didn't completely ruin him

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX
Pittsburgh should give us a 3rd or 4th for him. He'll probably have a breakout season there, fully realize his potential, and then sign a nice contract elsewhere in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad