Rumor: Stars frontrunner for Karlsson, Ryan not involved (MOD #1240)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
So? Ok go sign your 4 million dollar value guy who will suck compared to Karlsson. At some point you have to hand out a big contract for a generational player. *shakes head*

A generational player? "Shakes head".

If you want your team to pay $11-$12 million so you can watch a prima donna defenseman get caught up ice and not back check I guess that's your business.
I wouldn't want it on my team.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
You have no idea what you’re talking about. Dallas had and always has had one of the worst defense’s in the league.

Oh man, you must think the Leafs' defense is hilariously bad then, as they managed to finish the season with GAA rating that was half a dozen spots below the Stars rating :nod:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Elliott Friedman:
  • He heard CBJ were in on Karlsson and were willing to Offer Panarin in part of the deal
  • Says talks with Dallas really heated up yesterday, Dallas went to the front of the line, says reports of Heis being involved he does not think are true because if they were the deal would be done
  • Says Ottawa discussed prospects,picks with Dallas . combination of picks, prospects, maybe Honka, maybe Hintz, and one of Dickinson and Shore, I think that's kinda what they're looking at
  • Methot is getting married in Ottawa this week and obviously Karlsson will be there, I think Methot is a big factor in all this. I could be totally wrong on this, but my sense is this does not involve an extension
  • I heard a rumour last week that the only team he is willing to sign an extension with is Tampa. I checked it and I was told that was wrong, but someone said to me the list is small

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
...or Dallas caves and includes Heiskanen.

Which I don't think will happen. If they were willing to include him the trade would be done already like Friedman said.

I think Dallas waits until the Tampa situation finishes and then moves on to a winger now, such as Max Pacioretty.

alsrevenge

Jun 25, 2016
The only thing I can think of is that Dallas is doing all they can to show Seguin that they don't want to be a winner...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The only thing I can think of is that Dallas is doing all they can to show Seguin that they don't want to be a winner...

Kling- Heiskanen- Lindell top3 quarantees Dallas they can spent at F and create a 2nd scoring line to match up against elite teams in the West.

Again, as a 1 line team they'll go nowhere, with or without Karlsson.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Really don’t want us getting Karlsson so I hope you guys get back in the game with a big offer.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
So you dont know anything about hockey. Glad we established that.
What part don't you understand?
He will demand that he get paid! Unless he goes to a tax favourable location he won't except $11 million aav he will want more than Doughty his ego will demand it.
He is a prima donna, this is why when being singled out to play in the all star game still didn't give him enough of the spotlight so he dressed up like a pirate to try and stand out even more.
He is on offence to the detriment of defence often getting caught up ice.
Karlsson is all about Karlsson with him it isn't about the crest on the front of the jersey it's about the name on the back.
Ottawa fans should be happy about moving on from Karlsson and ensure that get a great return.
Colorado used the proceeds from trading another prima donna (Lindros) to win the cup.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
A generational player? "Shakes head".

If you want your team to pay $11-$12 million so you can watch a prima donna defenseman get caught up ice and not back check I guess that's your business.
I wouldn't want it on my team.

Try watching the games some time!

Nerv

Jun 20, 2017
Louisiana
He will demand that he get paid! Unless he goes to a tax favourable location he won't except $11 million aav he will want more than Doughty his ego will demand it.
He is a prima donna, this is why when being singled out to play in the all star game still didn't give him enough of the spotlight so he dressed up like a pirate to try and stand out even more.
Karlsson is all about Karlsson with him it isn't about the crest on the front of the jersey it's about the name on the back.
Ottawa fans should be happy about moving on from Karlsson and ensure that get a great return.
Colorado used the proceeds from trading another prima donna (Lindros) to win the cup.

go away

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Sure was all about the name on the back when he risked his health and played on one ankle with pain relief and adrenaline injections during last year’s playoffs.

...or when he came back before the playoffs to make sure his team clinches when they started sliding a bit.

:facepalm:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Erik Karlsson Vs. Max Pacioretty

Which non-Canadian captain of a Canadian team will be reported to be “traded” more times between now and opening night? And will either one actually be traded?

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Sure was all about the name on the back when he risked his health and played on one ankle with pain relief and adrenaline injections during last year’s playoffs.

...or when he came back before the playoffs to make sure his team clinches when they started sliding a bit.

:facepalm:

Did you happen to notice that Karlsson went out of his way to tell everyone that he was playing hurt during the playoffs and provided specifics on his injury?
No one ever does this because it puts a target on them and could hurt the team.
Karlsson did it because it created a win-win scenario for him. If he played poorly the fans could point to the injury as the cause and if he played well he was a hero for doing so in spite of the injury.

A few years ago after the playoffs were over it came out that Bruins centerman Patrice Bergeron had played with a long list of injuries. Did he talk about them during the series? Of course not he was trying to win the cup with his teammates not undermine the effort by making it about himself.

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
Say prima donna again

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Did you happen to notice that Karlsson went out of his way to tell everyone that he was playing hurt during the playoffs and provided specifics on his injury?
No one ever does this because it puts a target on them and could hurt the team.
Karlsson did it because it created a win-win scenario for him. If he played poorly the fans could point to the injury as the cause and if he played well he was a hero for doing so in spite of the injury.

A few years ago after the playoffs were over it came out that Bruins centerman Patrice Bergeron had played with a long list of injuries. Did he talk about them during the series? Of course not he was trying to win the cup with his teammates not undermine the effort by making it about himself.

You realize Karlsson injury was already widely known, right? He broke his foot blocking a shot, everyone already knew he was playing hurt and had been since the reg season game against the flyers. They knew exactly what and when the injury happened, and could tell based on his skating and body language that it was still bugging him. He'd been wearing extra foot protection that you could clearly see for christ sake. By the time he admitted it, he'd been dealing with it for a month, and downplayed the injury saying it should be back to normal by the start of the second round (this was after the final game of the first round).

We get it, you don't like Karlsson, but your tin foil hat conspiracy theory makes you look even more foolish than your bad takes on the player.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario

Prima donnas don’t play on half an ankle in the playoffs and dominate the way he did. Or come back from a tendon tear and dominate the same way.

Ps if he were a leaf he’d be the best player hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad