Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
I know most of the names but a few invited players I do not know are:
Matthew Lyall
Steven Gillen
Keegan Dansereau
Vlad Nikiforov

Any help on those guys would be appreciated

For those interested the roster is here http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/Prospects/7-20-06camp-roster.htm

Given the roster it appears that Guyer and Hisey are out of the picture. I am suprised abit to see unsigned prospects McKnight Naurov and Nasland. I think naslund has promise and naurov was supposed to be asleeper who has not developed

colman

Jul 7, 2006
Matthew Lyall
Steven Gillen
Keegan Dansereau
Vlad Nikiforov

For those interested the roster is here http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/Prospects/7-20-06camp-roster.htm

Given the roster it appears that Guyer and Hisey are out of the picture. I am suprised abit to see unsigned prospects McKnight Naurov and Nasland. I think naslund has promise and naurov was supposed to be asleeper who has not developed
Vlad Nikiforov is from Long Island N.Y he plays for the Barrie colts put up about 60pts rookie season real fun to watch

Round John

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Matthew Lyall
Steven Gillen
Keegan Dansereau
Vlad Nikiforov

Gillen had a good 05-06 regular season for the WHL's Moose Jaw Warriors. His playoff performance opened up a few eyes as he raised his game, and was an almost point a game player, on a Warrior team that went all the way to the league final, only to lose out to the Vancouver Giants.

Dansereau was a much hyped kid out of Saskatoon, unfortunately the weight of those expectations may have been a little crushing. He has played well for the WHL's Calgary Hitmen, and showed flashes of being exceptional, just not at a consistent level. Keegan more than doubled his regular season point production for 05-06 over the 04-05 season. Unfortunately Dansereau, and the Hitmen, had a disappointing 05-06 playoffs as many expected the team to go to the league final.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Matthew Lyall
Steven Gillen
Keegan Dansereau
Vlad Nikiforov

McKnight i believe doesn't need to be signed till August of 08?
Naurov June 1st 07?
Naslund i believe is June 1st 08.

They most likely, want to see them Naslund and Naurov, to see if they can sign them this year(IE have Iowa, or Idaho sign them)

I think Hisey signed in Germany, and Guyer i don't get why they aren't having him at it, since imo he has more offense potential then he has shown, though last season he had a bad year.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
My understanding is Guyer was never signed and is playing for the Philly AHL team on an AHL contract. One interesting note i found on Dansereau- he was more highly ranked than Snow our third rounder by the CSS. Nikiforov was ranked 206 by CSS and was listed at 5'5.5 and 142 that is really really small. Could not see where Gillen or Lyall were ranked

________

Feb 6, 2006
My understanding is Guyer was never signed and is playing for the Philly AHL team on an AHL contract. One interesting note i found on Dansereau- he was more highly ranked than Snow our third rounder by the CSS. Nikiforov was ranked 206 by CSS and was listed at 5'5.5 and 142 that is really really small. Could not see where Gillen or Lyall were ranked

Nikiforov is listed 5'8 on hockeydb 170, so that's most likely a couple years old?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad