Friedman: Stars could be stealth team on Erik Karlsson

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Defense is not the problem for Dallas. They have an absolute stud locked up long term and one of the best prospects in the world in Heiskanen. Add in Lindell, Honka, etc thats a pretty good d core. They need secondary scoring desperately.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't even want to think about what it'd cost us. Not okay with moving Seguin and Heiskanen. Would rather worry about our depth scoring and getting a Tavares type player or another left winger

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I know Karlsson is obviously much better, but they already have Klingberg. I doubt they feel the need to bring in an offensive RHD for what Karlsson would cost both in assets and his huge contract. there are certainly better teams out there.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Stars are in a great position cap wise even with Seguin needing a deal next year because Spezza and Methot (12.5M) will be off the books. Hanzal only has a year left once Seguin kicks in. They have 19M currently with no one notable to sign.

I don't know if they have the assets to get Karlsson unless they want to move Heiskanen but they probably could fit both Tavares and Karlsson in which is scary.

Reactions: Freedom

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Defense is not the problem for Dallas. They have an absolute stud locked up long term and one of the best prospects in the world in Heiskanen. Add in Lindell, Honka, etc thats a pretty good d core. They need secondary scoring desperately.

I do believe that Erik Karlsson of all people will help out with their scoring a little.

Reactions: glovesave_35

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
When does Toronto media and fans start saying Seguin will sign with the Leafs when he's available? It's like a never ending circle.
did you even read the article? They both infer that Seguin is likely staying.

But muh narrative I guess.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Klingberg is their guy now and Heiskanen will be legit
Unless Kalrsson comes in at under-market value it doesnt make sense IMO. Rather spend those big assets to fill other holes.

Reactions: WhatWhat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad