Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sizzling Bruins will turn to Anton Khudobin against Dallas - The Boston Globe

The Bruins will put their unbeaten streak into the catching mitt of Anton Khudobin on Monday afternoon, when they take on the Dallas Stars at TD Garden. Boston, 9-0-3 in its last 12 games and 18-3-3 in its last 24, is as hot as any team in the league right now after a 4-3 shootout victory in Montreal Saturday night, and it’s up to the backup goalie to keep things going.
Khudobin, who has a 14-9-2 record and a 2.37 goals-against average this season, last played Jan. 6, a 7-1 victory over Carolina. He won’t tiptoe up to this game, he said he’ll just face it head-on.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Glad it's Dobby...definitely deserves a game, and I don't feel nervous with him in the net.

Here's a flashback from 4 years ago...incredible SHG from Marchand against the Kings on a MLK matinee. Do it again tomorrow, Brad!

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
On at 6pm Irish time so will get home from work just in time to watch it. A perfect cure for the Monday blues. Last game for a while aswell that will be on at a "normal" time on my side of the world so I'll enjoy the luxury of that. A lot of late night Saturday nights ahead over the next couple of months.

Pumped after the Habs win, big week ahead now, let's keep the train rolling Bruins. :thumbu:

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Kind of surprised by Anton since it's likely he gets Thursday. Are they wearing the all blacks tomorrow?

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Preview: Stars open four-game road trip with noon tilt in Boston

"I think it will be good for us," Hitchcock said. "There are tough teams, and the first team out of the box [Boston] are probably the best team in the East right now. That is a very significant opponent, and it will be a good test for us. I am looking forward to it."

• Since Nov. 18 the Bruins rank first in the NHL in 5-on-5 goals for/goals against ratio at 67.4 percent (60-29).
  • Since Nov. 18 the Stars rank third in 5-on-5 goals for/goals against ratio at 60.2 percent (56-37).

Reactions: TCB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If this game has half the excitement of that football game, I'll be happy.

I'll also be tracking it from the hospital, while pretending to log in to work.

I’m curious.

Why not DVR it and watch when you get home?

I ask because I used to work second shift when I was younger and I’d always tape (VCR) the game and watch when I got home,

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think it has something with ADIDAS making the new jerseys. Pretty sure something similar happened back in 2007 when Reebok took over from CCM.

I think they wanted to focus on the basics this year and will integrate thirds next year and beyond.

I think that’s what I read, anyway.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I get all the Stars' games in HD so I watch them a lot. They aren't as fun to watch as last year, as they are more structured and their goaltending isn't as much of an adventure. Bishop has been beatable though, and he looked rusty after their bye.

Radulov is very dynamic and works great with his linemates. In addition to Benn, Hanzal brings some size and grit.

Roussel makes this a good game to get McQuaid back, but I don't see Cassidy messing with a winning formula.

As for Seguin, he's great, but much the current B's were still in school when he was with the B's. Hopefully they can limit the damage.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I get all the Stars' games in HD so I watch them a lot. They aren't as fun to watch as last year, as they are more structured and their goaltending isn't as much of an adventure. Bishop has been beatable though, and he looked rusty after their bye.

For the Stars, goaltender Ben Bishop has started 33 of the teams 44 contests so far this season. The nine-year veteran has posted a 19-12-2 record with a goals against average of 2.52 and a .916 save percentage in 35 games this season. In 13 career games against the Bruins, Bishop has recorded a 4-6-3 record, with a 2.82 goals against average and a save percentage of .910.

• Tuukka Rask extended his career-long points streak to 14 starts in the win over Montreal. Rask's last loss came on November 26 against the Edmonton Oilers. The Finnish goaltender is 12-0-2 in that span, with a 1.69 goals against average and a save percentage of .938.
  • Anton Khudobin will make his first start since he backstopped the B's in a dominating 7-1 win over his former team, the Carolina Hurricanes. In his last three starts, Khudobin is 2-0-1 with a 1.30 goals against average and a .959 save percentage.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This working stuff is for the birds, I`ll record it on Beta and watch when I get home. Haven`t seen Dallas once this year but by all accounts, Hitch has them playing good hockey, going to be a tough test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad