GDT: Stars at Blues - 9/27 Kansas City

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
The arena was nice. Lacked enough beer dispensaries.

The AHL guys carried the day. The NHLers were pretty bad all night. Benn took two or three really stupid penalties like usual, Goligoski made some really boneheaded passes, Cole was physical but his puckhandling was lacking. Lindback was fairly good for how well the Blues would move the puck.

Nemeth was solid in his own zone. Jokipakka was okay. Needs some work. Oleksiak was adequately physical, still a good skater and good stick control.

Faksa got belted by Reaves and ended up getting an unsportsmanlike for shooting the puck at the goalie after the whistle...

Primetimey*

That hit on Stransky really did seem that bad... the tweets made it seem like he really rocked him.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Oleksiak and Troock looked great on their exchange, but my goodness McKenzie and Morin looked good whipping the puck around to one another. Hopefully they can have another big year in Texas if McKenzie doesn't actually take a 4th line spot over Horcoff/Eaves sooner rather than later.

Eaves also has played really well with those two. I think he's been with them in two games so far. Too bad they don't have the room for another veteran in the AHL. He'd be an excellent RW for them.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Nice to see Lindback pick up the W.

In post game, Ruff mentioned he was excellent. He said his puck handling was an asset on special teams.

That was likely Lindback's last game. You'd expect Lehtonen and Rynnas to each get a full game at this point in the last 2.

Rynnas should have an easier time clearing waivers because of the 2nd year at one-way. I wouldn't expect either to get claimed honestly, but just pointing out that Rynnas with less NHL experience and the extra one-way year makes him even less likely. I don't think he's done enough to push out Lindback. Sounded like he might be taking the lead in FTW ... but the real games, Lindback seems to have been much more impressive.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Ott's hit was late - he got a minor for interference for it (as he should have). I would assume Roussel came over immediately after to instigate, but who knows without video replay of the whole thing. So no power play came off it, just the extra 10 to Roussel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad