Post-Game Talk: Stars 3 - Panthers 0, Wake me up in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I’d rather him play on the second and trocheck on the third. He needs to play with higher end players and getting more minutes. Trocheck pretty much plays by himself so he’d be fine, especially with grinders who can do the dirty work for him
He was good early in the year but seems
To be hitting a wall. He isn’t impacting the game anymore which is fine. Hasn’t played this many games in a season before. I would let him finish year in ahl. I can see him taking a big step forward next season.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
He’s living off pp and has t been near as noticeable 5 on 5 this year. This can’t be argued if your consistently watching games. You don’t see him creating like he normally has and often don’t notice him at all. Consistently gets outplayed by other teams top lines even without them having a legit #1c.

He is not himself I agree. I think back to what a lot of guys have said before. Tro coming back sparked a little bit into the team but this team has no faith in this coach.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
When you don’t skate but you coast, and when you have an offensive system that’s extremely easy to defend, this is what you get.

I thought boughner had a big powerpoint with everything figured out. I guess it isn’t worth the bits it’s occupying on his flash drive.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Khudobin “when you play all the time in a full building and then come to a building like this, it’s like playing an exhibition game.” Goes to show the perceived lack of
Energy by the players on occasion
Yeah and you can blame the owners for 25 years of garbage. They singlehandidly killed the fan base.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I’d rather him play on the second and trocheck on the third. He needs to play with higher end players and getting more minutes. Trocheck pretty much plays by himself so he’d be fine, especially with grinders who can do the dirty work for him

I agree Trocheck needs to play with the Sceviours and Hawryluks of the team

Reactions: FrolikFan67

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Barkov has been a bit off lately I suspect he is injured again and playing through it. Which isn’t surprising considering he is injured pretty often throughout his career so far.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Also I’m done with Boughner we need a better coach

If you look around the league...guys like Gallant, Tortorella, Babcock, etc. demand certain things from their teams and will not hesitate to call it as it is in front of the media. You can bet your ass those teams will respond as well (Columbus already has, they've won 4 in a row). Boughner spews the same stuff over and over, it's getting tiring to hear and if we're starting to tune it out, I'm sure they players aren't far behind. There's no tenacity or desire in this group outside of maybe 2 or 3 guys and Boughner has no ability to get the rest of the team going consistently.

Reactions: IceManCat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Screenshot_20190213-070009_theScore.jpg

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I left with about 5 minutes to go in the 2nd period. I'm not going to waste my time.

What a lost season this has been. BTW we are at full strength. This is our full lineup. No injuries. No excuses.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
If you look around the league...guys like Gallant, Tortorella, Babcock, etc. demand certain things from their teams and will not hesitate to call it as it is in front of the media. You can bet your ass those teams will respond as well (Columbus already has, they've won 4 in a row). Boughner spews the same stuff over and over, it's getting tiring to hear and if we're starting to tune it out, I'm sure they players aren't far behind. There's no tenacity or desire in this group outside of maybe 2 or 3 guys and Boughner has no ability to get the rest of the team going consistently.

Part of this a losing culture the majority is regulations from ownership on being positive, all the time. Those idiots and their constant mantra of always talking about positives to the point of delusion are why Boughner and Rowe sound so similar.

Reactions: Montsy14

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Khudobin “when you play all the time in a full building and then come to a building like this, it’s like playing an exhibition game.” Goes to show the perceived lack of
Energy by the players on occasion

Play like it's an exhibition game, and fans will treat it like an exhibition game. It's that simple. And don't go spouting about how the fans don't support this garbage on the ice. No team anywhere with this history of crap could sustain a fan base.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I wanted Monty too but didn't he opt to go back to Denver when our coach position was open? Can't totally remember.

-ghoste

He chose to go back to Denver saying that's better for his family. Then a year later signs with Dallas... I think it's pretty clear he just didn't like what he saw here

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Part of this a losing culture the majority is regulations from ownership on being positive, all the time. Those idiots and their constant mantra of always talking about positives to the point of delusion are why Boughner and Rowe sound so similar.

Absolutely. Did you notice the headline on Twitter from the Panthers account - "Stars Capitalize on Their Chances"...it's always spun in a way to avoid being hard on the team. It's pathetic. We didn't score a single goal, it has nothing to do with Dallas and has everything to do with this team not being prepared to play hard/good enough to win.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Absolutely. Did you notice the headline on Twitter from the Panthers account - "Stars Capitalize on Their Chances"...it's always spun in a way to avoid being hard on the team. It's pathetic. We didn't score a single goal, it has nothing to do with Dallas and has everything to do with this team not being prepared to play hard/good enough to win.
Do you actually expect the team twitter to thrash the team...?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I wanted Monty too but didn't he opt to go back to Denver when our coach position was open? Can't totally remember.

-ghoste

iifc Monty had set a deadline for the decision on his hiring. The Cats wanted to wait until the playoffs were over and Monty didn't want to participate any longer at that point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad