Post-Game Talk: Stars 3 - Panthers 0, Wake me up in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Combination of things. Maturing d and heiskinen is also a large factor. But to act like boog is the main problem this year is foolish and blind. Our goalies all posted .900 or better last year under boog. This year none of them r. What’s your reasoning for that? Barkov was good last year this year he is largely invisible. Same coach. What’s the reasoning behind that?
Barkov is on the same pace as last year so I don’t get how he’s been invisible. I mean I guess if you expect him to put up 100 points then yeah he has been.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Barkov is on the same pace as last year so I don’t get how he’s been invisible. I mean I guess if you expect him to put up 100 points then yeah he has been.
He’s living off pp and has t been near as noticeable 5 on 5 this year. This can’t be argued if your consistently watching games. You don’t see him creating like he normally has and often don’t notice him at all. Consistently gets outplayed by other teams top lines even without them having a legit #1c.

Reactions: I am not exposed

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Someone hit me in the face recently with a perspective that totally makes sense, and I sort of knew it all along but I was willing to give Boogy a chance. The minute the Islanders hired Trotz, I thought goddammit... now we have another team to worry about, he'll make a workhorse out of that team as he always does. What do you know. They will make the damn playoffs without Tavares while we spin our wheels again, talking about next year already. We have a better team on paper but obviously we are missing "that" coach. Maybe we should just get one.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
On a macrolevel, Boughner is fine.

You can have a successful season. My problem is he only seems to be able to play one-way.

His adjustments and strategy seems lacking. It's a head against a wall type of thing. That wont give you prolonged success and that sure as hell wont get you a playoff win.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Someone hit me in the face recently with a perspective that totally makes sense, and I sort of knew it all along but I was willing to give Boogy a chance. The minute the Islanders hired Trotz, I thought goddammit... now we have another team to worry about, he'll make a workhorse out of that team as he always does. What do you know. They will make the damn playoffs without Tavares while we spin our wheels again, talking about next year already. We have a better team on paper but obviously we are missing "that" coach. Maybe we should just get one.
Yeah I had faith in Tallon but he actually believes Boughner is a great coach so both of those morons can go to the wood chipper. Capuano was also one of the biggest disgraces to ever come here.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
He’s living off pp and has t been near as noticeable 5 on 5 this year. This can’t be argued if your consistently watching games. You don’t see him creating like he normally has and often don’t notice him at all. Consistently gets outplayed by other teams top lines even without them having a legit #1c.
Take the damn "C" away and give it to Trocheck, he wasn't ready for the extra burden. Take the weight off his shoulders.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Yeah I had faith in Tallon but he actually believes Boughner is a great coach so both of those morons can go to the wood chipper. Capuano was also one of the biggest disgraces to ever come here.
It sounds like support is from ownership down, I think Boogy and Viola share the same suit tailor.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Take the damn "C" away and give it to Trocheck, he wasn't ready for the extra burden. Take the weight off his shoulders.

Can't have a captain that plays with no passion or intensity. Most talent does not mean best captain. Trocheck would have been a much better choice. Yandle or Ekblad would have worked too.

Reactions: harv33173

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
If Trocheck needs a letter on his chest to be a leader, then he is a leader at all.

Having a C on your chest doesnt change the game.
It’s about taking it from barkov. I doubt it’s that big of a deal cause leadership comes from multiple people but
Maybe the off ice requirements are hindering him.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It’s about taking it from barkov. I doubt it’s that big of a deal cause leadership comes from multiple people but
Maybe the off ice requirements are hindering him.

Non-sense.

And stripping him after one year is just about the dumbest shitshow you could do publically and to him as a player.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Boughner is terrible. My brother just moved down and he watched the joke that is the Panthers and he said that coaching is an issue. He saw that within 2 games. Boughner must go now.

Luongo sucks the Life out of this team and Reimer sucks too. Dump them both now.

Reactions: PantherWhaler

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Boughner is terrible. My brother just moved down and he watched the joke that is the Panthers and he said that coaching is an issue. He saw that within 2 games. Boughner must go now.

Luongo sucks the Life out of this team and Reimer sucks too. Dump them both now.
Ah yes two game sample lmao. That settles it.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Khudobin “when you play all the time in a full building and then come to a building like this, it’s like playing an exhibition game.” Goes to show the perceived lack of
Energy by the players on occasion

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
No one in the arena except for me and like 32 other people apparently. And they get shutout too. Lovely.

Brown, again, looked fantastic though on a side note. So when’s he getting benched?

Reactions: Boothinator

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Borgstrom does nothing for me. I’d trade him for some D help
I’d rather him play on the second and trocheck on the third. He needs to play with higher end players and getting more minutes. Trocheck pretty much plays by himself so he’d be fine, especially with grinders who can do the dirty work for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->