Post-Game Talk: Stars 3 - Panthers 0, Wake me up in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Do you actually expect the team twitter to thrash the team...?

No, obviously not. Just pointing out that it seems like shifting blame is the new norm for this team. Whether it's poor goaltending, being unlucky, other teams getting bounces, etc. There's no accountability and this mindset will continue to stoke the fire of mediocrity.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
No, obviously not. Just pointing out that it seems like shifting blame is the new norm for this team. Whether it's poor goaltending, being unlucky, other teams getting bounces, etc. There's no accountability and this mindset will continue to stoke the fire of mediocrity.
If you are expecting the twitter account of the team to hold them accountable, you are in for a bad time. You are also setting yourself to never be happy because that's not something a team account will do. Ever.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What anyone says to fans in the media is completely irrelevant to how the players
Perform. Pretty ridiculous to think otherwise

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
What anyone says to fans in the media is completely irrelevant to how the players
Perform. Pretty ridiculous to think otherwise

That's not the point, the point is what message is being brought back to the room and whether the players care or not. I feel like this team has created an environment of feeling sorry for themselves and it starts with Boughner.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
That's not the point, the point is what message is being brought back to the room and whether the players care or not. I feel like this team has created an environment of feeling sorry for themselves and it starts with Boughner.
Yup. Honesty would go a long ways. For example “the way we’re playing is NOT acceptable”.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The message brought back to the room is far different than anything boog will say in media I can guarantee that. Also u can’t just call players out and lose it all the time that’s the quickest way to lose a room

goCatsgo4

Jul 5, 2015
Florida
He’s living off pp and has t been near as noticeable 5 on 5 this year. This can’t be argued if your consistently watching games. You don’t see him creating like he normally has and often don’t notice him at all. Consistently gets outplayed by other teams top lines even without them having a legit #1c.
I feel like it's because he's more well known now. Teams pay attention and double team him most of the time and he crumbles under pressure, just like our powerplay.

He needs to find another level to his game. He's been able to excel before with adversity, so I have faith he'll figure it out soon.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I feel like it's because he's more well known now. Teams pay attention and double team him most of the time and he crumbles under pressure, just like our powerplay.

He needs to find another level to his game. He's been able to excel before with adversity, so I have faith he'll figure it out soon.
Yes could be. Similar to ekblads adjustment of being a true number one. Growing pains and now he’s becoming a legit two way d like we were hoping for

Reactions: goCatsgo4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->