Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That was a pretty enjoyable episode, likely my favorite so far. It was neat to see that Carl Weathers directed it.

Baby Yoda is really turning to a life of crime. I like it.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Plot developments!
So what are the clones of? Shadow troopers? Sheevs? Snokes? Taking all bets! What we do know is they needed transfusions from Force sensitive beings with high m-counts. Also, Filoni is directing the next episode so we should get Ashoka!

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Plot developments!
So what are the clones of? Shadow troopers? Sheevs? Snokes? Taking all bets! What we do know is they needed transfusions from Force sensitive beings with high m-counts. Also, Filoni is directing the next episode so we should get Ashoka!

Great set up episode indeed. Fun adventure, some humor, some world building (the school was so cool) and A LOT of things left hanging. Why is Gideon trying to create force sensitive people? Why is it failing? How will the remnants turn into the First Order? Gideo is gonna catch up to Mando next episode and Ahsoka will SO make the save :)

Really a great episode and I am looking forward to next week.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Plot developments!
Who said those are clones? They’re just bodies in vats (Bacta fluid?). I was under the impression they were the test subjects that failed to survive the injections of The Child’s blood.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Who said those are clones? They’re just bodies in vats (Bacta fluid?). I was under the impression they were the test subjects that failed to survive the injections of The Child’s blood.
That could be. I'm just speculating. We don't know what they are. Presumably the ones we saw were of course the failures.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Is there any actual indication for a relation to the 'First Order' with this Imperial group here? The ST is still a few decades away at this point, and this being not too long after RotJ the Imperial remnants are probably split into several factions.

It's not just a dislike for the ST, but they're already tying in the animated Clone Wars and Rebels series (which I haven't seen). Rather I just think it's better keeping them a separate remnant faction to be defeated in these shows, while what will become the First Order is simple gathering somewhere else and not picking fights with Mandalorians.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
The Mandalorian - Chapter 12 - The Siege.png

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Is there any actual indication for a relation to the 'First Order' with this Imperial group here? The ST is still a few decades away at this point, and this being not too long after RotJ the Imperial remnants are probably split into several factions.

It's not just a dislike for the ST, but they're already tying in the animated Clone Wars and Rebels series (which I haven't seen). Rather I just think it's better keeping them a separate remnant faction to be defeated in these shows, while what will become the First Order is simple gathering somewhere else and not picking fights with Mandalorians.
The X-Wing pilot speaking to Cara Dune said something along the lines of “the core worlds don’t believe it, but there’s definitely something going on out here. And we need to stop it before it gets worse.”
It’s definitely some proto-First Order remnants.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
What a stupid article. Does the author realize Disney didn't do re-shoots and re-edits in the week between episode 2 and 3 because of the egg controversy?

I imagine that he knows that, but framed it as if the complaints were heard to avoid admitting that they were premature.

Am I the only one who gets a huge KOTOR vibe each time I watch an episode? Not necessarily the subject matters (even many times), but mostly the way the story is structured.

It feels pretty similar to most RPGs:

1. Hero arrives in a new area.
2. Hero meets a local character who has a problem.
3. Hero deals with that problem in order to get what he needs and leave the area.
4. Repeat.

The guest stars may as well have large yellow exclamation marks above their heads.

Speculation from superherohype.com forums:

Michael Biehn(confirmed to appear on this season) is Kyle Katarn.

I wondered if we might see Katarn when I saw that scene at the end. That would be a 25-year-old dream come true, just so long as it's the version of Katarn from Dark Forces, not the sequels that gave him Jedi powers. On the other hand, though, Dark Forces seemingly can't be made canon now because it told of how Katarn stole the original Death Star plans, which Rogue One tossed out and re-wrote, so it'll be interesting to see what backstory they give Katarn if they include him.

Last edited:

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Might take a break from next week's episode. It's pretty good but it also represents why I hate the TV serial format, kinda get tired of it after a bit. Will probably enjoy watching a handful of episodes together over the holidays instead.

Reactions: Stylizer1

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Might take a break from next week's episode. It's pretty good but it also represents why I hate the TV serial format, kinda get tired of it after a bit. Will probably enjoy watching a handful of episodes together over the holidays instead.

You picked an interesting week to take a break if what everybody assumes is going to happen happens next week.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
awesome seeing an Arquitens again. No doubt Filoni laid that one in.

My hope is that we get a Thrawn tie in. I'm not super up to date with 'Canon' lore, but iirc, Thrawn is still alive.

Edit

$20 says they're clone war era troopers that have been genetically altered to be slightly force sensative

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Episodes are cool but the half hour format is sooo annoying. Everything happens too fast.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A lot of mindless shooting but holy smokes the camera angles were on point. Great episode, even though I thought the story would've progressed a little farther than I hoped for.

Episodes are cool but the half hour format is sooo annoying. Everything happens too fast.
I highly dislike waiting an entire week for an episode, but honestly all these episodes are quite good that it's worth it which you can't say for like 98% of shows out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->