OT: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
200.gif

Reactions: Magua

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I am a bit fearful the "grey jedi" theme people are speculating about. I hope it is good.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I hope they get away from the formulaic Marvel-esque quality that Disney seems to be hitched to based on the first film.

Give us something fresh and inspired, not solely existing to sell action figures and pajamas and the very cheap fan service like giving us the token "hey there's the millennium falcon, that's SO cool because it was in the first series which I liked!" type of moments. I'm a fan of the female heroine and a diverse cast, but let's not make it a paint by numbers and check the boxes situation where some studio exec dictates what must exist in the film.

I'm just jaded and unconvinced that big studio blockbusters like this can ever really amount to something really special like the original trilogy today.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I hope they get away from the formulaic Marvel-esque quality that Disney seems to be hitched to based on the first film.

Give us something fresh and inspired, not solely existing to sell action figures and pajamas and the very cheap fan service like giving us the token "hey there's the millennium falcon, that's SO cool because it was in the first series which I liked!" type of moments. I'm a fan of the female heroine and a diverse cast, but let's not make it a paint by numbers and check the boxes situation where some studio exec dictates what must exist in the film.

I'm just jaded and unconvinced that big studio blockbusters like this can ever really amount to something really special like the original trilogy today.

you won't get that til they step away from the Skywalker family drama

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
frankly..i am looking for somewhere that tells me the entire spoiler filled movie..work has me bogged down and i won't see it any time soon lol

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I have tickets to see the movie on Saturday. Someone spoiled the Force Awakens for me and I am terrified that the same will happen. I simply don't have the will power to stay off Facebook/Twitter to avoid spoilers so I am sure that I will be having the movie ruined.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well I saw it.

I’m honestly not sure how I feel about it.

It’s definitely not what I expected.

It didn’t feel very Star Warsish to me and I’ll have to stew about how I feel about it.

This again coming from a guy who loves ALL of the Star Wars movies.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Well I saw it.

I’m honestly not sure how I feel about it.

It’s definitely not what I expected.

It didn’t feel very Star Warsish to me and I’ll have to stew about how I feel about it.

This again coming from a guy who loves ALL of the Star Wars movies.

I saw a 6PM showing and have been thinking about what I viewed for the past hour or so. I'd say I liked it, but I share your feelings about it not being what I expected, but I did think it felt "Star Warsish," or at least, sufficiently Star Warsish.

I'd say as of right now it's neither my favorite, nor my least favorite of the 8 episodes, but a good installment.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Got tickets for 12 pm tomorrow. Taking my 9 yr old out of school to have some fun with the Force. :)

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I feel like I should wait two weeks before seeing it. I left hyped as **** only to run into diminishing returns on every rewatch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad