Movies: Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Yikes.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Star Wars has a toxic fanbase but I am still super excited for this film. I thoroughly enjoyed all the SW films over the past few years (7 prob my least favourite, but it had such nostalgia that I still loved it) so I can't wait! Should be a good one.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
That would be cool, but my hunch is they won't do too much do undo The Last Jedi. JJ and Kathleen Kennedy continue to defend that film and insist anyone who didn't like it is a racist and a sexist.
Disney has already started retconning it in the TLJ comic release.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's going to be interesting to see how they incorporate the footage of Leia from TFA into this. I'm still excited and not at all tired of Star Wars movies. It would be nice to not have extremist reaction for once, but that seems to be the norm these days (and not just in entertainment).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Looking forward to Rey murdering Kylo Ren with her Mary Sue powers, destroying the whole galaxy, and at the end saying "where is your childhood, now?"

That would definitely be preferable to whatever they no doubt have planned. Man, I hate that character (Rey).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I hope we go on a journey to save some more CGI animals again that have nothing to do with the main Mary Sue storyline.

Even how irreverent Snoke would've been in this storyline, Rey should've joined Kylo on the dark side in VIII where everyone from Finn to Luke saves her in Episode IX. That would've brought a new dynamic in the universe that we haven't seen before on the main stage and not in one of the best games of all-time in KOTOR.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
My interest in the franchise moving forward is at an all time low which is a shame because of the potential it has. At this point, I am hoping that some original star wars content with new characters gets created because they clearly don't render the old content and characters very well on screen IMO. With new characters, new start, perhaps they do something way better with it ? And if not, at least they won't ruin anything of value.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I must admit that I got a big chuckle out of the juxtaposition of these two comments. People love their Star Wars.

Perhaps it’s because I’m not a huge Star Wars nerd...I’ve only seen Episodes 4-8. I don’t really care that much about it and could probably overlook some blemishes or not even realize.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Perhaps it’s because I’m not a huge Star Wars nerd...I’ve only seen Episodes 4-8. I don’t really care that much about it and could probably overlook some blemishes or not even realize.

There’s also a group of Star Wars “fans” that hate everything about the new movies. They’re not the originals so they can’t find a single thing they enjoy about them. I don’t think the new movies have been perfect but the amount of hate they’re getting is nuts.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There’s also a group of Star Wars “fans” that hate everything about the new movies. They’re not the originals so they can’t find a single thing they enjoy about them. I don’t think the new movies have been perfect but the amount of hate they’re getting is nuts.

TFA didn't arouse the same kind of anger as TLJ but it's sort of getting lumped in.

The biggest criticism of TFA that is legitimate IMO is the fact that it's not particularly original when compared with ANH.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I'd like to see a little something of what's happening in the greater galaxy, and how the FO has managed to conquer so much of it so shortly after blowing up the government. It feels a bit claustrophobic with all the on-screen happenings confined to one corner of the galaxy.

I've been doing SW for 41 years now and will never stop, but there's a finite amount of time to focus on the correct subjects. This should probably be two movies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Pretty tough spot. I think it's admirable that they kept/are keeping her character alive in the movies. There's no real good way to do it, so we'll see how it turns out.
I don't think haphazardly jamming in scenes from a previous movie is admirable in any way.

Reactions: Amerika
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->