Movies: Star Wars Celebration Europe III: July 15-17, 2016 (3 AM to ~9:30 AM PT)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
PhgmuOc.jpg

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Just saw it too. This movie looks incredible.

EDIT: Man Lucasfilm is really quick at taking these things down :laugh: there's gotta be a reason why they're so intent on keeping this under wraps for now. I saw it. There's new footage, sure but there isn't so much that they really need to concern themselves with keeping it a secret. The people at Celebration already saw it. They got their money's worth. How does it hurt their experience that people are uploading bad quality leaks?

Wasnt there a very early teaser at celebration last year which was never publically released? I seem to recall a couple TIE Fighters and the Death Star on the horizon through some trees

EDIT - Tarkin is in the celebration reel. Hah! Cool snippet

Last edited:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I thought the same thing from the TFA background footage, but then we got Maz and Snoke and the cartoon freighter squids and well...

And the laser too from Starkiller Base. They couldn't have used a real laser? Totally agree on Snoke too. Disney is so cheap they couldn't afford a real hologram projector?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Anyway. The big news from today seems to be that Grand Admiral Thrawn from the EU has been canonized. Which also means the Chiss species is canonized as well. I always found it silly that the Chiss never got featured in any of the 7 Star Wars movies. How hard could it be to have a blue skinned red eyed character?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Thrawn being re-cannonized is good. He gets a new story, which hopefully is as good as his past one.

Of all the Legends stuff we lost, that trilogy is probably the one Ill miss the most. That and the concept of the Vong from NJO.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
There will be some of course but it appears they used real effects in many shots where other movies it would be CGI these days.

TFA had more effects shots than TPM. I think it's just the overall quality of them has improved so it's not as noticeable.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think in the TFA they are better interlaced with real shots while with TPM some scenes were complete CGI- as if I was watching a cartoon.

I didn't think it was so bad in TPM, but AOTC and ROTS it was obvious. Although it never really bothered me that much. At the time, those CGI effects were cutting edge stuff. Now, they look dated and everybody complains about it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I didn't think it was so bad in TPM, but AOTC and ROTS it was obvious. Although it never really bothered me that much. At the time, those CGI effects were cutting edge stuff. Now, they look dated and everybody complains about it.

No even in the immediate aftermath of the prequels, there was still an inauthentic feel to everything.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Thrawn blows, walking talking plot device.

Of all the stuff they could have taken from the books they take one of the crappiest villains...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Always one who thinks he is a walking Villian Sue.

Considering how the empire can't shoot straight any commander with a brain seems sueish.

He's bland and predictable "oh well he'll just figure out what the Republic is planning to do! Wow this stuff writes itself!"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad