Movies: Star Wars Celebration Europe III: July 15-17, 2016 (3 AM to ~9:30 AM PT)

JA

Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 is being streamed live right now on YouTube. The event takes place from July 15 to 17, 2016 in London, England between 3:00 AM and ~9:30 AM PT. I just stumbled upon it upon remembering that the Rogue One trailer is scheduled to drop today.

Here is Day 1's schedule, according to the YouTube stream's description:
Today’s schedule (subject to change):
11:00 a.m. BST / 6:00 a.m. EDT / 3:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show LIVE! – Friday Preview

11:30 a.m. BST / 6:00 a.m. EDT / 3:00 a.m. PDT
An Hour With Mark Hamill

1:00 p.m. BST / 8:00 a.m. EDT / 5:00 a.m. PDT
Ahsoka’s Untold Tales

2:00 p.m. BST / 9:00 a.m. EDT / 6:00 a.m. PDT
ILM Presents: Star Wars Archeology

3:45 p.m. BST / 10:45 a.m. EDT / 7:45 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show LIVE! – Rogue One Panel Preview

4:00 p.m. BST / 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

5:00 p.m. BST / 12:00 p.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show LIVE! – Rogue One Reaction
Edit: It seems that attendees were treated to an exclusive Rogue One trailer that nobody else saw.

Last edited by a moderator:

JA

I'm surprised the trailer hasn't leaked yet.
Disney has made Star Wars leak-proof, and they handled The Force Awakens' trailers with extreme care. They dropped the first one online one morning; the second one debuted live at Star Wars Celebration; the final trailer aired live on Monday Night Football.

Rogue One's trailers are following the same pattern. The panel is scheduled for 11:00 AM ET/8:00 AM PT, and the "Rogue One reaction" is expected about an hour later, so it seems that they'll be debuting the trailer towards the end of the panel. I'm sure it will go online moments later on their official YouTube channel, but if you want to experience it with the crowd, tune in a little bit before 9:00 AM PT.

Check in early for the panel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The ILM going back to the past and everything has been really neat. Missed a decent chunk though because I needed to take my gf to work. I'm looking forward to watching the Ashoka and Mark Hamill panel's after it's SWEC is done for the day around noon.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
So no trailer? I guess they couldn't get it done in time with all the redos, reshoots, and corporate meddling.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So no trailer? I guess they couldn't get it done in time with all the redos, reshoots, and corporate meddling.

Typical.

Yes there was a new trailer but Good Morning America gets first dibs on airtime. They already played it for the crowd if you feel like looking for the ****** phone cam version. Ease up grouchy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Apparently the full 3 minute R1 trailer is going to be played during a commercial break of the Force Awakens documentary playing tonight on ABC and I read a rumor that an Episode 8 teaser should be dropping at Celebration.

What fans at Celebration saw was just a new R1 teaser that's apparently shorter than the first.

EDIT: Welp...nevermind

It seems as though they may be making some big Episode 8 announcement (probably a teaser and the title) and they want to wait till after doing so to show the full R1 trailer so the episode 8 news doesn't overshadow the trailer...which doesn't sound all that smart to me.

Last edited:

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
I haven't been following production closely at all, watched the reel and was more than a little confused when I saw a scene being filmed in what looked like a working train station.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It still feels weird knowing we're only 5 months away from another Star Wars movie. As much as TFA played on nostalgia, there's just something about seeing OT stormtroopers, Rebels, X-Wings, etc. that's got me excited for this.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just saw it too. This movie looks incredible.

EDIT: Man Lucasfilm is really quick at taking these things down :laugh: there's gotta be a reason why they're so intent on keeping this under wraps for now. I saw it. There's new footage, sure but there isn't so much that they really need to concern themselves with keeping it a secret. The people at Celebration already saw it. They got their money's worth. How does it hurt their experience that people are uploading bad quality leaks?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad