Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The only thing that annoys me are the servers. Now I don't have great internet, but for most other games that I play online I don't have any connection issues and I get major connection issues on Battlefront 2 which makes it almost unplayable

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
The only thing that annoys me are the servers. Now I don't have great internet, but for most other games that I play online I don't have any connection issues and I get major connection issues on Battlefront 2 which makes it almost unplayable
Yep. Constant warnings of slow connections. Plus no random maps

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I have been kicked out of a few matches recently from connection. Normally not a problem for me but yeah it’s very frustrating.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
So I reinstalled this (after an extended hiatus) initially to test the Origin integration with GOG Galaxy, but I'm actually having a lot of fun playing it. It's chaotic nonsense, but fun chaotic nonsense.

It seems the server lag issues of old have been fixed, although it still seems to enjoy matchmaking me into empty games that never fill up...:laugh:

How long does Capital Supremacy usually last? So far my average time per match is roughly infinite.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
So I reinstalled this (after an extended hiatus) initially to test the Origin integration with GOG Galaxy, but I'm actually having a lot of fun playing it. It's chaotic nonsense, but fun chaotic nonsense.

It seems the server lag issues of old have been fixed, although it still seems to enjoy matchmaking me into empty games that never fill up...:laugh:

How long does Capital Supremacy usually last? So far my average time per match is roughly infinite.

Yeah it’s a serious commitment finishing one unless one team is far better. I’d recommend Heroes vs. Villains. Much shorter games and addictively fun.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Yeah, they've fixed a lot of issues and the game is in a good state.

CS can last awhile, especially if the teams are pretty balanced. They've tweaked the ship phase a bunch, so depending on the update, sometimes the mode takes forever or is done very quickly. That mode is more of a marathon, which at times I like and at times I don't.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah, they've fixed a lot of issues and the game is in a good state.

CS can last awhile, especially if the teams are pretty balanced. They've tweaked the ship phase a bunch, so depending on the update, sometimes the mode takes forever or is done very quickly. That mode is more of a marathon, which at times I like and at times I don't.

I like CS for the most part while I’m playing it. Almost enjoy the long battle at times, but once it’s over I don’t have that feeling of wanting to play another because of the time commitment.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
They added co-op modes for the resistance and first order as well as two new reinforcements for each. I’m still addicted to this game. There’s just so many modes to play that I enjoy. Dont know if ill ever be sick of it.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
They added co-op modes for the resistance and first order as well as two new reinforcements for each. I’m still addicted to this game. There’s just so many modes to play that I enjoy. Dont know if ill ever be sick of it.
I just got back into this game after months of not touching it.

Feels like its come so far after that EA fiasco early in its release. Feels like a different game and I am enjoying it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I've been playing a ton of Battlefield 5, which is similar to this game in that they update the game regularly with solid content; it's only got better since release.

That being said, I still come back to this game every now and then. It's just a fun game.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I just got back into this game after months of not touching it.

Feels like its come so far after that EA fiasco early in its release. Feels like a different game and I am enjoying it.

They’ve updated it so many times that it’s been worth the $60 twice over at this point. They don’t seem to plan on stopping either.

I’m probably going to buy the add-on they’re doing with ROS. It’s nothing I need but I play it so much and they’ve done such a good job updating and adding things I’m okay with rewarding them a bit.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Bought it tonight. It looks pretty good at this point, honestly. Battlefield 4 was horrid but was my favourite current gen FPS by 2015 and this looks likes a similar dynamic going on.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The new reinforcements are almost too good. The spy can call in air strikes. The mini gun guy basically shoots the heavy’s powerup as it’s normal shot. The sith trooper has ridiculous fire rate. Then the first order jet trooper also seems to be far improved from the regular.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This is the itch that hasn’t really been scratched since Battlefield 4 for me.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yo I was told this game was dead and I am a bastard for giving EA my money.
Honestly, we should be thanking the crusade against EA after the initial drop; it's what made them get their shit together. I don't think you'll see EA pull any more stunts like they did with the loot boxes on the original drop, and we can thank those who responded so negatively to EA for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad