Online Series: Star Trek: Discovery - Topic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The way that he's making a big deal out of it and exploring "new dimensions" of the character makes it sound like it's a longer part than just being in one of those 15-minute "shorts" that were announced. It sounds like he's talking at least about a limited series of 6 hours or more. I'm very interested in seeing him as Picard again, though I'm dreading how it'll turn out if Kurtzman or anyone else associated with Discovery is behind it.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
If Kurtzman is doing this then it's going to burn horribly while flying off of a cliff and on to a concrete slab.

Again, ST has some REALLY REALLY good directing and writing talent that has been sorely underused since Enterprise.

- Wolfe
- Moore
- Behr
- Berman
- Beimler
- Echevarria

Moore alone went on to create the best god damn Sci-Fi show after DS9 aired and before just recently, The Expanse.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The way that he's making a big deal out of it and exploring "new dimensions" of the character makes it sound like it's a longer part than just being in one of those 15-minute "shorts" that were announced. It sounds like he's talking at least about a limited series of 6 hours or more. I'm very interested in seeing him as Picard again, though I'm dreading how it'll turn out if Kurtzman or anyone else associated with Discovery is behind it.
Kurtzman is in charge of all Star Trek right now (at least the TV side), he's involved in everything in some way.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
While I am VERY excited to read this news, let's call it out for what the real motivation behind this is. CBS needs a star to lure people into buying their on-demand package. This may very well be it. Hopefully, Sir Patrick is getting paid enough that he can do the Fortnite making it rain dance from the set to the bank.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Kurtzman is in charge of all Star Trek right now (at least the TV side), he's involved in everything in some way.

Yeah, I know. I was speaking more rhetorically. Still, he's not likely to be as hands on with everything. If Nicholas Meyer gets to do his anthology projects and this happens to be one of them, for example, Kurtzman may meddle with it less because he's too busy running the main series (into the ground).

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Hetrick then went on to note that the way Kahless unified the Klingon Empire, according to past Star Trek canon, was “by cutting off his hair, and dipping it into a volcano and forging the first bat’leth and tempering in the ocean of Qo’noS.”

Kahless took a single lock of his hair and dipped it into lava to forge the sword of Kahless, he then cooled and tempered it in the Lake of Lusor. He sure the hell didnt shave his head.

There are entire episodes, over multiple series that cover the mythology of Kahless. There's even an entire episode dedicated to the sword of Kahless.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kahless took a single lock of his hair and dipped it into lava to forge the sword of Kahless, he then cooled and tempered it in the Lake of Lusor. He sure the hell didnt shave his head.

There are entire episodes, over multiple series that cover the mythology of Kahless. There's even an entire episode dedicated to the sword of Kahless.
You think they watched any Star Trek to prepare for this?

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I expect that at some point this season, we'll see that the Discovery has the emergency combat flight stick control like Riker used in Insurrection, and we'll get an emotional Spock flying and fighting the Discovery by himself while screaming "Yippee Ki Yay MFer. "

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
If Kurtzman is doing this then it's going to burn horribly while flying off of a cliff and on to a concrete slab.

Again, ST has some REALLY REALLY good directing and writing talent that has been sorely underused since Enterprise.

- Wolfe
- Moore
- Behr
- Berman
- Beimler
- Echevarria

Moore alone went on to create the best god damn Sci-Fi show after DS9 aired and before just recently, The Expanse.

Ron Moore isn't doing The Expanse, is he? I thought he was doing Outlander, which I have not seen.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I know this is a common complaint but...

Got damnit. The Star Trek universe is huge. Why do we always have to have a Spock?

The good news is that if Quinto asks for too much, they can just cast the new guy in the movies. ;)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
my problem is the Borg are reportedly coming

**** you, established timeline of events! You liked it when we had Enterprise encounter the borg in the lamest, canon-violation-skirting way possible that let us claim that we didn't contradict the episode of TNG where they debuted? Well you'll love this! :sarcasm:

Watch them try and weasel out of it by claiming that this is some fantasy 3rd timeline that's not the abrams-verse (Which it can't be since Pike never really got to command the Enterprise except for in the first movie. And then he died) and not the prime timeline (which it won't be if they start doing what everyone hated about Enterprise: flipping the bird at established canon in favor of shallow, lazy, marketing-department-recommended fanservice winks)

EDIT: I'll at least grant that the new Spock doesn't look like a horrible fit. Obviously judgement is withheld until we see him in proper costume/makeup and actually acting the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad