Movies: Star Trek 4

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Chris Hemsworth is getting out of Star Trek just as Patrick Stewart is getting back in. Paramount will thus re-envision Star Trek 4 as Star Trek Generations 2. A young James T. Kirk and crew will stumble upon a mysterious energy field called the Nexus, inside of which an old Jean-Luc Picard is quietly living in retirement. After much persuasion, Picard will give up his peaceful life to go on a final adventure with Kirk before being killed off in a silly, disappointing manner.

Here is the thing Stewart is with the CBS branch not the Paramount branch
It is talked about in the video I posted--there is a better video out there on you tube and if I find it I will post it

Star Trek has been split into two--TV and Movies, with CBS owning all the original stuff and controlling the TV side of things-- with the reboot controlled by Paramount controlling only the movie side of things

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Here is the thing Stewart is with the CBS branch not the Paramount branch
It is talked about in the video I posted--there is a better video out there on you tube and if I find it I will post it

Star Trek has been split into two--TV and Movies, with CBS owning all the original stuff and controlling the TV side of things-- with the reboot controlled by Paramount controlling only the movie side of things

Wow, you took me seriously. I thought that it was silly enough that no one would bother picking it apart, but that's why we have lawyers: to ruin others' fun. You wouldn't happen to be one, would you? ;)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Wow, you took me seriously. I thought that it was silly enough that no one would bother picking it apart, but that's why we have lawyers: to ruin others' fun. You wouldn't happen to be one, would you? ;)

sorry

there is a rumor out there that CBS mothership is waiting for Paramount to come begging for help and they are already setting in motion things that could undo the Kelvin time time if they get control the entire Star Trek universe. Due to how the contracts are written Bad Robot needs to put put a movie by a certain date--if they do not--CBS can pay X amount of bucks and get the entire rights back

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The entirety of the franchise has been left to bumbling amateurs who have no idea what they're doing.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Reactions: Blender

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I can't stress this enough, why isn't someone doing a sequel to the events of the Dominion War?

While the Federation-Klingon-Romulan alliance won, the first two are pretty bloodied, on top of that the attitude in both cultures has likely changed given the massive impact the war had on the Quadrant. The Romulans are the least battered. It would be interesting to see what they with a weakened Federation and KE in the mix.

The Cardassian Union is absolutley devestated. What will they have to give up to the FED-KE-RSE? Will the alliance carve up the CU? Will they fight over the corpse of it?

And what about the Dominion? The remaining Alpha Quadrant forces have retreated back to the Gamma Quadrant, however they still remain in power there and have significant forces as well. How does Odo help curing the link change the founders outlook on things? What about the Jem'Hadar? Their God's have been beaten and forced to surrender. While they and the Vorta are genetically bound to worshipping the founders as God's, the impact of the defeat would likely not go unnoticed.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The entirety of the franchise has been left to bumbling amateurs who have no idea what they're doing.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
At least Discovery is being left in the hands of Alex Kurtzman. What a track record of success he has! :sarcasm:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I can't stress this enough, why isn't someone doing a sequel to the events of the Dominion War?

While the Federation-Klingon-Romulan alliance won, the first two are pretty bloodied, on top of that the attitude in both cultures has likely changed given the massive impact the war had on the Quadrant. The Romulans are the least battered. It would be interesting to see what they with a weakened Federation and KE in the mix.

The Cardassian Union is absolutley devestated. What will they have to give up to the FED-KE-RSE? Will the alliance carve up the CU? Will they fight over the corpse of it?

And what about the Dominion? The remaining Alpha Quadrant forces have retreated back to the Gamma Quadrant, however they still remain in power there and have significant forces as well. How does Odo help curing the link change the founders outlook on things? What about the Jem'Hadar? Their God's have been beaten and forced to surrender. While they and the Vorta are genetically bound to worshipping the founders as God's, the impact of the defeat would likely not go unnoticed.

What's funny is that I know a few Trek fans who dislike DS9, and all of them quit watching after Season 1 or 2.

As well-received as the Dominion War was by hard-core Trekkers, it doesn't have a lot of mainstream attention.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
sorry

there is a rumor out there that CBS mothership is waiting for Paramount to come begging for help and they are already setting in motion things that could undo the Kelvin time time if they get control the entire Star Trek universe. Due to how the contracts are written Bad Robot needs to put put a movie by a certain date--if they do not--CBS can pay X amount of bucks and get the entire rights back

The way of undoing it just ignoring it and starting over. I think it would just be a waste of money to make a movie to explain it away when most people won't care that much anyway as long as what comes after is good.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What's funny is that I know a few Trek fans who dislike DS9, and all of them quit watching after Season 1 or 2.

As well-received as the Dominion War was by hard-core Trekkers, it doesn't have a lot of mainstream attention.
Which is fine and I agree they shouldn't lean on the Dominion War too much, but they should be looking forward. It would also make having guest stars and references to old characters so much more fluid and plausible than forcing them into the plot with terrible retcons. The new ship and crew can bump into Admiral Janeway, Captain Riker, Ambassador Worf, etc.

In order to do that they need someone with a vision though who is also familiar with the franchise. They don't need to hire someone with existing familiarity, only someone who is interested in learning. For example, when they hired Nicholas Meyer in the early 80s he didn't know Star Trek, but he went and watched the series to learn all about it. Contrast that with JJ Abrams who was openly dismissive of the franchise and said he disliked it and had no interest in following it.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Which is fine and I agree they shouldn't lean on the Dominion War too much, but they should be looking forward. It would also make having guest stars and references to old characters so much more fluid and plausible than forcing them into the plot with terrible retcons. The new ship and crew can bump into Admiral Janeway, Captain Riker, Ambassador Worf, etc.

In order to do that they need someone with a vision though who is also familiar with the franchise. They don't need to hire someone with existing familiarity, only someone who is interested in learning. For example, when they hired Nicholas Meyer in the early 80s he didn't know Star Trek, but he went and watched the series to learn all about it. Contrast that with JJ Abrams who was openly dismissive of the franchise and said he disliked it and had no interest in following it.

Agreed. I think they need to stop going backwards to the original Enterprise era and move towards the post-Dominion War Alpha Quadrant (which technically includes the Beta Quadrant too).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Agreed. I think they need to stop going backwards to the original Enterprise era and move towards the post-Dominion War Alpha Quadrant (which technically includes the Beta Quadrant too).

They really should bring up the Iconians from STO. Menacing as hell. Though in the game defeating them meant some wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff which I think people have seen enough of in these shows.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Huh. I thought this was dead for sure.

I'm cool with another. The last one was more Trek-like than the others , so that was nice. I like most of the cast they got (especially Quinto and Urban) and I kinda hope they bring back the alien girl that Sofia Boutella played in the last one as a new officer since they (sadly) have to fill Chekov's spot.

At the very worst it can't be any worse than Discovery has been.

Wait. Oh god. It just hit me:

They could add the alternate universe Michael Burnham has Chekov's replacement.... now I've terrified myself of the possibilities.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I really wouldn't want them to replace Checkov. At best, he died between movies heroically or they could have him assigned to the Reliant.

I also don't want them to bring back any more villains from the Original Trek series, or the Borg. No attempted take overs of the Federation Government, or whales or whatever. Create a clever new story. Oh and no space hippies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I also don't want them to bring back any more villains from the Original Trek series, or the Borg. No attempted take overs of the Federation Government, or whales or whatever. Create a clever new story. Oh and no space hippies.

You just nixed every idea that they had lined up. Also, you expect them to know how to make it clever without relying on fan service. You must not want them to ever finish the movie.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I really wouldn't want them to replace Checkov. At best, he died between movies heroically or they could have him assigned to the Reliant.

If there was one villain species from Star Trek lore I wouldn't mind seeing more of it would be the Breen. Simply because barely anything is known about them - even after allying with the Dominion. But I don't see them being good movie villans, so it probably wouldn't work.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

When I said they need to replace Chekhov, I didn't mean getting a new actor or sidestepping him not being there. They could have him KIA or transferred to the Reliant. That'd be great to explain why he's not there. But if they do that they're now down a bridge officer. They would need someone to be the navigator or whatever to ride shotgun with Sulu.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The could dip into lore and bring in Ilea (sp?) from STMP. Or that wacky Cat Alien from the animated series. Or in the movie they could have like 5 helmsmen and everytime something dangerous happens he explodes like the Spinal Tap Drummer.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I see no reason they can't just recast Chekov if they are doing another one of these.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I find this part of the article to be completely bizarre:

"insiders said this is a blind deal for an original movie that she hatched, one that expands her role in the Trek Universe. Vazquez was a co-executive producer on Fear the Walking Dead. She also got her name from the original Star Trek series, after a character from the second-season episode “By Any Other Name.” In the 1968 episode, the character’s name was Kelinda."

So this person was named after a Star Trek character, and she's writing a Star Trek movie about the character she was named after?

It sounds like a setup for a bad fan fic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad