Movies: Star Trek 4

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I always felt that with Chekov no longer in the movies (really sad) it would be a good idea to bring in a young Ilia, an an Ensign because you know, she is a navigator and TMP is only supposed to be a few years after TOS ends. I know Troi was kind of a reinterpretation of her, but always felt like Deltans were only used as background characters in Treks II-VI and were never really brought up much in TNG+.

I'm not a huge fan of this reboot, but it would be a shame because I'd like to see what this version of the Enterprise-A would look like.

Again, he's not completely out of the ST universe as he appeared in Star Trek Online as a temporal agent with Walter Koenig doing the voice. Frakes, Shatner (reportedly ask too much money), Stewart, Sirtis, Spiner pretty much the only ones left who havne't done voice acting for the game.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Why is Chekov no longer in the movies? There is no reason he shouldn't be recast.
Better not to recast him. Keeps it feeling more real. He got reassigned to another ship.

One of the problems with these films is they always feel the need to give everybody something to do. The best Trek stories are focused on few characters. So with no disrespect to Anton, less characters is probably better.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
They pretty much said after Anton Yelchin passed away that he well not be recast out of respect to the actor. Yes the character is still around, he will be transferred. Maybe it's even the Reliant for all we know.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
INteresting take on why the two Chris's walked away. Paramount is hurting for cash and it was using their two names that they were trying to raise revenue to pay for the movie

this video touches on it

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
INteresting take on why the two Chris's walked away. Paramount is hurting for cash and it was using their two names that they were trying to raise revenue to pay for the movie

this video touches on it

They'll both be back. Paramount will "magically" come up with the cash.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Chris Hemsworth is getting out of Star Trek just as Patrick Stewart is getting back in. Paramount will thus re-envision Star Trek 4 as Star Trek Generations 2. A young James T. Kirk and crew will stumble upon a mysterious energy field called the Nexus, inside of which an old Jean-Luc Picard is quietly living in retirement. After much persuasion, Picard will give up his peaceful life to go on a final adventure with Kirk before being killed off in a silly, disappointing manner.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Chris Hemsworth is getting out of Star Trek just as Patrick Stewart is getting back in. Paramount will thus re-envision Star Trek 4 as Star Trek Generations 2. A young James T. Kirk and crew will stumble upon a mysterious energy field called the Nexus, inside of which an old Jean-Luc Picard is quietly living in retirement. After much persuasion, Picard will give up his peaceful life to go on a final adventure with Kirk before being killed off in a silly, disappointing manner.

Don't give them any ideas.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
tenor.gif

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Will there be horseback riding?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Travolta as Captain, Sam J as first officer, bruce willis as the doctor.

At that point, you don't even need a script...it wouldwrite itself.

10 minute dialogue of giving a foot massage incoming.

I’m pretty sure Leo would play Kirk.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Paramount is not worthy of Chris Hemsworth.
What's so great about Chris Hemsworth? Every movie he does outside of Marvel bombs. He's certainly not the reason people come to see a Marvel flick.

Paramount thinks bringing in known actors to Star Trek like Hemsworth, Cumberbatch, Elba, Alice Eve is going to bring in a bigger audience. I don't think it makes any difference. They need to stop wasting money and run a tighter ship.

I don't think anyone cares about about Kirk's dad anyways.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
could be interesting. The last two movies did not make as much money as hoped and they may just recast-and that is when the fun begins
I had no idea that was Hemsworth playing Kirks Father until I read the article. Nearly 10 years have passed and Hemsworth role could be easily recast. It's not so easily done with Chris Pine. There is no way the audience will accept Captain Kirk being recast for the third time in such a short time frame. #PAYPINE

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If Tarantino really does Star Trek I would LOVE to see it shot on actual film and make heavy use of practical effects.

Long scenes with fun dialog, charismatic characters and heavy tension.

He always makes good use food and drink in his movies. Did you not want a strudel after watching Inglorious Bastards? Or a Beer after watching Django? SLJ eating that dude's burger in Pulp Fiction was hilarious. It would be great fun to see what he does with future/alien food in Star Trek.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If Tarantino really does Star Trek I would LOVE to see it shot on actual film and make heavy use of practical effects.

Long scenes with fun dialog, charismatic characters and heavy tension.

He always makes good use food and drink in his movies. Did you not want a strudel after watching Inglorious Bastards? Or a Beer after watching Django? SLJ eating that dude's burger in Pulp Fiction was hilarious. It would be great fun to see what he does with future/alien food in Star Trek.

I thought the Tarantino Trek WAS actually confirmed? Or did I just dream that up lol?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I thought the Tarantino Trek WAS actually confirmed? Or did I just dream that up lol?

It's been confirmed by the likes of Pegg and Quinto that it's not just a rumor and might happen, but it hasn't been officially announced or anything. Pegg thinks that it might be 5 or 6 years away. That would mean that it's years from being greenlit and has lots of time to fizzle out and never happen.

Why do they need Kirk's dad in the next movie exactly?

The video above goes through it in great detail, but the short of it is that Paramount is aggressively trying to sell the film to investors and having "Thor" attached to it is a big selling point.

Reactions: Cloned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->