OT: Star-studded lineup set to drop puck for ALS

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Ice Bucket Challenge was not a one-shot phenomenon. Such was the emotional tug of last year’s grassroots fundraiser for ALS research that it’s going to happen all over again at the beginning of August.

For this, we’ll always owe a debt a gratitude to Pete Frates. The former Boston College baseball captain’s fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis has become our fight, raising millions of dollars to help find a cure for this terrible disease.

And now Hall of Famer Raymond Bourque and a collection of hockey players from Boston College and Boston University are getting together to help the cause on yet another level: They’re going to raise money to help provide care for those who have already contracted ALS, otherwise known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

The magnificently-named Comm Ave Charity Classic, to be played Friday night at 7 at BU’s Walter Brown Arena, will headline ol’ No. 77 as well as a who’s-who of former Terriers and Eagles skaters who’ve gone on to play in the National Hockey League and American Hockey League.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._star_studded_lineup_set_to_drop_puck_for_als

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Looks like a great time. Going to the Sox but would have gone if I weren't.

Please post updates ect. I wish it were going to be on tv so I could DVR it.

Also, when the full rosters come out, can someone post it as well?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Great event. They raised over $55,000 and the crowd was into the game all night. It was really, really fun.

^ Gaudreau's goal. It's gonna take awhile to get photos up.

Looks like a great time. Going to the Sox but would have gone if I weren't.

Please post updates ect. I wish it were going to be on tv so I could DVR it.

Also, when the full rosters come out, can someone post it as well?

BC: Cory Schneider, Brian Leetch, Mike Mottau, Greg Brown, Brian Dumoulin, Stephen Gionta, Jimmy Hayes, Brian Boyle (couldn't play, but was there), Kevin Hayes, Johnny Gaudreau, Joe Whitney, Brian Gibbons, Chris Kreider, Dave Spina, Paul Carey, Patrick Brown, Bill Arnold, John Muse

BU: Anthony Moccia, Tom Poti, Charlie Coyle, Adam Clendening, Sean Escobedo, Ben Rosen, Lane MacDonald, Sean McEachern, Mike Pomichter, Chris Bourque, Jay Pandolfo, Matt Ronan, Steve Moses, Will O'Neill, Pat MacGregor, Ross Gaudet, Matt O'Connor, Freddy Meyer, Chris Kelleher, Scott Young, Ray Bourque

Last edited:

oreillyisgod

Unregistered User
Jun 5, 2010
Massachusetts
my daughter and I went to the game. Speed was way faster than your usual charity/celebrity hockey game.

Was quite impressed with #77 for the BU team. Bruins need a defenseman, maybe he is available?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Not gonna lie, I was a little more than giddy when I saw Ray Bourque on the ice. Haven't seen him play (live) since I was 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00