"Star Rating"

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This stat is listed on Corsica.hockey and I can not for the life of me find out what it means. The guys who are near the top of the league in it each year do tend to be star players so I was just curious as to what exactly this means?

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
what the heck is corsica? oh it is this site that does hockey can you tell me where to find this star rating or a link to it? There are some minefields that lead to links off the site, which makes me sad :( .

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
No but for real, it has to do with the probability that a player will be named one of the three stars of the game: https://thebloggerstribunedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/cb6.png?w=900
Are you sure? I think it could be Tyler Dellow's stat he came up with which basically measures quality of competition. He created 'Star Rating' a year ago or something like that where he basically pooled together players who are identified as 'Stars' based on specific criteria and then measured how much individual players play against them as a metric.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Are you sure? I think it could be Tyler Dellow's stat he came up with which basically measures quality of competition. He created 'Star Rating' a year ago or something like that where he basically pooled together players who are identified as 'Stars' based on specific criteria and then measured how much individual players play against them as a metric.

I posted the wrong link, sorry, but yeah: Probabilistic Forecasting And Weighting Of Three Star Selections | Corsica

The Corsica twitter account posts the three stars of the night every day, and the highest values are typically 0.85-0.99. The lowest star rating values on Corsica are 0. The numbers between 0 and 1 indicates to me that it expresses a probability. Also, it wouldn't make any sense to include goalies in a quality of competition metric, and Corsica's star rating includes goalies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I posted the wrong link, sorry, but yeah: Probabilistic Forecasting And Weighting Of Three Star Selections | Corsica

The Corsica twitter account posts the three stars of the night every day, and the highest values are typically 0.85-0.99. The lowest star rating values on Corsica are 0. The numbers between 0 and 1 indicates to me that it expresses a probability. Also, it wouldn't make any sense to include goalies in a quality of competition metric, and Corsica's star rating includes goalies.
Ah okay makes sense. Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->