Star players who would thrive on a different team?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Gaudreau - has never gotten to play with another elite talent in Calgary, everywhere he has(World Cup, WJC) he puts up amazing numbers

Malkin - just feel like Geno would do well with a shot at being the guy instead of living in Sid's shadow. Some of his best stretches have been when Crosby is out of the lineup

Eichel - great hockey player in a bad situation. Put him on a team that wants to win

McDavid - not that he doesn't thrive but imagine what he could do with stellar linemates and a defense that can move the puck up to him

Last edited:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Gaudreau - has never gotten to play with another elite talent in Calgary, everywhere he has(World Cup, WJC) he puts up amazing
numbers

Malkin - just feel like Geno would do well with a shot at being the guy instead of living in Sid's shadow. Some of his best stretches have been when Crosby is out of the lineup

Eichel - great hockey player in a bad situation. Put him on a team that wants to win

McDavid - not that he doesn't thrive but imagine what he could do with stellar linemates and a defense that can move the puck up to him
Gaudreau's 99 point season in Calgary was likely his ceiling. Gaudreau when playing at his best is also a puck possession playmaker. He doesn't need a strong center so much as he needs linemates that compliment his own play.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Tarasenko has played in a defensive system and without 1C on his line consistently throughout his career. Yet he still paced for 39.4 goals, then hit 40 goals, and then hit 39 goals and also posted 0.49 goals/game in the playoffs before the cup run .

Last edited:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Who are some upper tier players who would thrive if given a chance on a different team? My top 3 are

John Gibson: could be a vezina candidate if he was on a good team
Eichel: elite talent being wasted on a basement dweller
Barzal: his production is held back by playing on a conservative, defensive team with lack of talent.

Agreed on Gibson guys a rock

Barzal disagree as a pens fan watching him I'm kinda jealous. The guy was going full out with zone entries and everything causing a huge problem for us.

(Probably like islander fans when Crosby and Malkin in primes flying around)

Reactions: Vaporwave

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Agreed on Gibson guys a rock

Barzal disagree as a pens fan watching him I'm kinda jealous. The guy was going full out with zone entries and everything causing a huge problem for us.

(Probably like islander fans when Crosby and Malkin in primes flying around)
I actually wish the isles stunk in the mid 2000's so they could've had a malkin. I envy that dude so much and he's arguably the man when crosby is shut down.

Snyper8

Aug 16, 2005
Hesperia
I often wonder what KOPITAR would be like if he played his whole career in an offensive system with elite snipers on his line.

Reactions: HookKing

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Eichel is starting to fall into the Rick Nash trap.

"Imagine how good he would be if he played on a good team?"

I heard that for many years about Nash, and I hear it now about Eichel.

Well maybe the lack of team success has something to do with Eichel and/or his leadership qualities?

He is becoming a real candidate for most over-rated player.

Career best of 82 points? Only 2 seasons above 70 points?

I am not sure he is worth the hype right now.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->