Newsday: Staple fanchat on Thursday

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Staple will have a fanchat on Thursday. I have come across two fan posts, both indicating Snow did not make a serious pitch for Bernier. I want to ask Staple how serious Snow's interest was and if the isles are still comfortable with their current defense.

I think the defense has been shaky.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StapeNewsday

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I want to ask him if Snow thinks he has given John Tavares the best wings to work with, and what two types of players he thinks Tavares could best maximize his talents with (power forward/playmaker/sniper/etc.)

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The most interesting Staple comments , to come out of today's fanchat:

1. Snow won't give up anything decent for impending ufa Ryan Miller. If he ends up an isle, it will be because he was signed as a ufa.

2. Could Grabner sell Vanek on signing with the isles? They will be Olympic teammates in a few months. Staple speculated about Moulson being part of a Vanek trade, but imo Buffalo won't want soon to be ufa Moulson.

3. Staple questions whether the isles push hard to sign 30 yr old Moulson, questioning whether his speed fits into the team the isles are building.

4.Staple thinks MacDonald gets extended.Maybe in the offseason.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...hur-staple-at-12-30-p-m-on-thursday-1.6252031

bigd

Jul 27, 2003

1. Snow won't give up anything decent for impending ufa Ryan Miller. If he ends up an isle, it will be because he was signed as a ufa.

2. Could Grabner sell Vanek on signing with the isles? They will be Olympic teammates in a few months. Staple speculated about Moulson being part of a Vanek trade, but imo Buffalo won't want soon to be ufa Moulson.

3. Staple questions whether the isles push hard to sign 30 yr old Moulson, questioning whether his speed fits into the team the isles are building.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...hur-staple-at-12-30-p-m-on-thursday-1.6252031
Vanek at the trade deadline then Miller to follow in the off season.:handclap:

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

Cant see Miller or Vanek signing here. When do.we.ever sign a high profile player. Snow needs basement bargain.deals to do.business. His cheapness is maddening. Anything on Bernier?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Cant see Miller or Vanek signing here. When do.we.ever sign a high profile player. Snow needs basement bargain.deals to do.business. His cheapness is maddening. Anything on Bernier?

I asked the Bernier question, but he did not answer that one.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
We don't have the right assets to acquire Vanek. What's the equivalent for us from the Pominville trade? Even though Vanek has one less year making him less valuable

Hackett, Larsson, 1st, 2nd ~ Moulson, deHaan, 1st, 3rd?

I don't know, I just can't see a trade happening. Maybe Buffalo would take Hickey/Strait.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
We don't have the right assets to acquire Vanek. What's the equivalent for us from the Pominville trade? Even though Vanek has one less year making him less valuable

Hackett, Larsson, 1st, 2nd ~ Moulson, deHaan, 1st, 3rd?

I don't know, I just can't see a trade happening. Maybe Buffalo would take Hickey/Strait.

This team does not have the right assets? Seriously??? If there is a team that has assets it's the Islanders. The question is if Snow would give any up.

Strome + #1st would do it imo. Several other combo's would do it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This team does not have the right assets? Seriously??? If there is a team that has assets it's the Islanders. The question is if Snow would give any up.

I think Strome is considered to be pretty much untouchable.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island

Strome and a 1st for a few months of Vanek? Hahaha.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Strome and a 1st for a few months of Vanek? Hahaha.

I dont think he meant he would offer that, just following up his statement that the isles HAVE the pieces to make the trade by saying that would get it done. I dont think anyone trades a prospect like Strome AND a 1st for vanek unless the team is on the precipice and needs that one piece to be a favorite. We are NOT that team...not this year.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
I dont think he meant he would offer that, just following up his statement that the isles HAVE the pieces to make the trade by saying that would get it done. I dont think anyone trades a prospect like Strome AND a 1st for vanek unless the team is on the precipice and needs that one piece to be a favorite. We are NOT that team...not this year.

Thanks for understanding my point! We do have assets to acquire top level established NHL talent. The question is does Snow (and the fans!) have the stomach for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->