GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs VI: Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I'm hoping this is just a lucky night for the Sharks. I really wanted a Bruins/Blues final. :cry:

The Blues didn't look too impressive tonight, but there's a ton of hockey to be played in both series and anything can happen.

...it usually comes down to consistent solid goaltending, and who wants it more (and favorable reffing doesn't hurt either).

Reactions: Lady Rhian

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I know it’s only one game. Not overreacting but I think the sharks firepower will get by the blues . I wasn’t high on San Jose in mid season and still not high on Jones but they are here. They kind of remind me of the Toronto a little, great offense, ok defense and bipolar goaltending. But let’s see what happens in game 2 . Things could change quickly in these series.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Blues kept turning the puck over which is usually the Sharks game. Still think the Blues end up being the stronger team here.

Agree with this. Sharks have gotten to the conference final but have not looked good doing it. Could say the same for the Bruins I guess, but I thought they looked stronger the longer the Columbus series went on. Can't say the same for the Sharks last round. Neither of these teams scares me that much.

There was only one team I thought the Bruins would almost certainly lose to coming into the playoffs and that was Washington.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
STL pounded Karlsson last night even in a loss. They need to tighten up the D overall, but hitting EK that much could pay dividends late in the series (if they get that far).

If the B’s get by the Canes, I like their chances in the Finals, but either STL or SJ would be formidable opponents.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Imagine living a life so empty.

Anyway, GLOORRRIIAAAAAAAAHHHHH

fellowkids.jpg

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
So who are we cheering for, St Louis or San Jose? :dunno:
As much as I think there is a bit of an asterisk with the Sharks even being here after the Vegas refs debacle I think they are solid all the way through the lineup and even though they haven’t gotten to the end they do have playoff experience . I saw their goaltending as a weak link but Jones has steadily gotten better as the playoffs have gone on . I see the Blues as more top heavy where if you shut down the top lines they are done and Binnington has come back to earth a bit . For my money I’d rather play the Blues . Let’s recreate the 70 finals with Bergy flying through the air in OT after a pass from behind the net from Marshy .

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
As much as I think there is a bit of an asterisk with the Sharks even being here after the Vegas refs debacle I think they are solid all the way through the lineup and even though they haven’t gotten to the end they do have playoff experience . I saw their goaltending as a weak link but Jones has steadily gotten better as the playoffs have gone on . I see the Blues as more top heavy where if you shut down the top lines they are done and Binnington has come back to earth a bit . For my money I’d rather play the Blues . Let’s recreate the 70 finals with Bergy flying through the air in OT after a pass from behind the net from Marshy .
Eh, Jones has been alright. The Sharks are scoring now which is a concern for St. Louis . I feel this is a must win for the blues they can’t fall behind 2-0 . I understand they are going home but not if the sharks keep getting momentum. San Jose has a good lines up and down but their D can be had . I don’t trust Jones but he has been good.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Appeared soft at first glance, but I dunno... I think it was a perfect shot.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
For me, I think San Jose is much better. Therefore, I’m rooting for the Blues.

I don't fear either one of these teams, not sure what team would be the more difficult opponent. Having home ice is a huge advantage over the Sharks who play much better at home. I also don't think their D play great D and Jones is up and down, their strength is their forward group is big and talented and their PP is very good. The Blues are big and really physical and contest every inch of the ice, they remind me a bit of Columbus. Not as much talent as the Sharks but a team that plays much better on the road as opposed to the Sharks which is important if they meet the Bruins.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I used to have a lot of respect for Ron MacLean but he’s lost a lot of that lately with his constant harping on Marchand . He just compared him to Matt Cooke while talking to Brian Burke . Burke said players need to learn to ignore him ... MacLean should take that advice . Brad has gotten under CBCs skin more than the opposition . Morons

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I don't fear either one of these teams, not sure what team would be the more difficult opponent. Having home ice is a huge advantage over the Sharks who play much better at home. I also don't think their D play great D and Jones is up and down, their strength is their forward group is big and talented and their PP is very good. The Blues are big and really physical and contest every inch of the ice, they remind me a bit of Columbus. Not as much talent as the Sharks but a team that plays much better on the road as opposed to the Sharks which is important if they meet the Bruins.
I'm trying to not feel cocky about things, but I think the Bs D combined with Rask would give the Bs a pretty nice edge over either one of these teams. Binnington can go into brick wall mode a lot better than Jones from what I have seen this season, so that worries me about playing the Blues, but I still think the Bs would overcome a hot Binnington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad