GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs VI: Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
I sort of like both teams and was wondering if this would be a true neutral series for me.

I've gotten annoyed at both SJ goals and perked up at the Blues goal.... so I guess that answers that question.

Reactions: MustardStew

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Really? I feel the Sharks are better, overall - but I guess that’s assuming that Pavelski is 100%, which I doubt he really is. Then again, Pavelski at 80% isn’t bad.

Of course, my heart has to pull for the Sharks a little bit because of Joe - but I’d have no qualms in wanting his production shut down if it’s Sharks/Bruins.

I just don’t seem to fear the Blues as much. Maybe they’re not flashy enough to catch my attention. It’d be a much easier travel schedule if the Bruins were to make it, considering the Bruins would likely be in need of rest at that point.
It's entirely reasonable to think the Sharks are better. I only base thinking the Blues are a touch better based on the fact they were the best NHL team after the All-Star Break and I feel like Binnington is consistently better than Jones in goal. I also think the Blues play a better physical game. Both teams have some great skill players, with the Sharks having the edge in that dept. Won't surprise me a bit if SJ wins the series. Like you, I still pull for Jumbo, until he plays the Bs. Hope these teams go 7 and beat each other up, a lot.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Ballpark Village in St. Louis looks like a cool place to hang out
St. Louis was a really cool town when I visited there. Only problem was that it was August and it was hot and muggy as hell because it's on the confluence of several large rivers.

Toasted Ravioli apparently is the local delicacy and it's pretty good.

Reactions: Chief Nine

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Jones has turned his game around quite a bit since his awful start of the playoffs.

He’s still not great but a big improvement.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I sort of like both teams and was wondering if this would be a true neutral series for me.

I've gotten annoyed at both SJ goals and perked up at the Blues goal.... so I guess that answers that question.
This actually happens to me a lot. I think I don't care until involuntary emotional reactions prove otherwise. It's just interesting to me.

Reactions: sooshii

Bruins4Life136

Apr 30, 2019
Anyone scared of the sharks? They can put the puck in the net. Assuming we can beat a feisty carolina team.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-5-11_21-3-27.png

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
St. Louis was a really cool town when I visited there. Only problem was that it was August and it was hot and muggy as hell because it's on the confluence of several large rivers.

We were the once a long time ago (mid 90’s) I believe. Nice city

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
"the Blues were so disciplined they didn't take a penalty in over a whole game"

Oh yes, they were perfect angels who didn't commit any infractions whatsoever. Uh huh.

Call it what it is.... The refs didn't call anything on them. There's not a team in the league that goes the whole game without doing something worthy of a penalty.

member 96824

Toasted Ravioli forever.

What they call “pizza” is a god damn travesty though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad