NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs V - Second Round Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hopefully the Blues take them out or at least wear them down but I don’t want a Sunday afternoon game so I do hope the Sharks win tonight.

I think the Blues eat the Sharks alive, no doubt the Avs have an absolute beast in NM but this is hardly a super deep team and they are giving the Sharks all they can handle, think the Blues D will be too much for the Sharkies

also think the Avs score late then in OT

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I think the Blues eat the Sharks alive, no doubt the Avs have an absolute beast in NM but this is hardly a super deep team and they are giving the Sharks all they can handle, think the Blues D will be too much for the Sharkies

also think the Avs score late then in OT

Hope you're right. I just see SJ in the finals at this point.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
upload_2019-5-8_22-24-40.png

Another interesting note. Could argue it wasn’t delayed but would have been had the linesman realized he was offside in the first place.

Reactions: Cronuss

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
San Jose advances with reffing controversy, hmm... sensing a pattern here. Steve Dangle needs to get on their case quickly!

Reactions: Cronuss

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I don't think this offsides call was blown as much as the major against Vegas (for the record, I am 110% in favor of eliminating coach's challenge of offsides from the game, and this is just another piece of evidence to support that). Interesting coincidence that both happened and benefited the Sharks.

Unrelated thought: The Blues and Sharks are my two favorite teams behind the Bruins. Would love to see either of those teams win a Cup, but not if means beating the Bruins.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
View attachment 225817
Another interesting note. Could argue it wasn’t delayed but would have been had the linesman realized he was offside in the first place.

But wasn’t he proceeding to the bench from the attacking zone and not THROUGH it? I may be wrong.

If I am right however, this rule does not apply.

Personally, I think the play should not have been overturned simply because you can’t tell whether or not his skate is on the line. Unless there is some zoomed in/alternate view in which you can...

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
He wasn't completely off the ice though, which means that exemption wouldn't apply.
When the puck exited the San Jose Zone there was no longer a delayed offside and there was no need for him now to clear the Zone only maintained contact with the blue line which he did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->