NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs IV - Second Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
What’s with these singers who think singing the National anthem is an audition for American Idol?

Christ
I agree. It's also like they try to put their own spin on it- like making a country song into a rock song. Sometimes, they are good, and sometimes I feel like yelling at them to stop. Drives me crazy when they prolong it, holding certain notes for too long- enough to cause your ears to bleed.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I agree. It's also like they try to put their own spin on it- like making a country song into a rock song. Sometimes, they are good, and sometimes I feel like yelling at them to stop. Drives me crazy when they prolong it, holding certain notes for too long- enough to cause your ears to bleed.

I don't care how wonderful you can sing, it's not about you Mr. and/or Miss Amazing Vocalist. It's an anthem, no matter which country's anthem you're singing, please show it the proper respect and sing it as it was written

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I don't care how wonderful you can sing, it's not about you Mr. and/or Miss Amazing Vocalist. It's an anthem, no matter which country's anthem you're singing, please show it the proper respect and sing it as it was written
Exactly- that was my point as well. Sing it as is and you'll have me singing with you.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
That is because they are in the ECF

The odds are still ridicilous since they translate to 1.7 - 1 in both the ECF and the SCF.
And I don't think they are favorites against neither Boston nor Columbus.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The odds are still ridicilous since they translate to 1.7 - 1 in both the ECF and the SCF.
And I don't think they are favorites against neither Boston nor Columbus.

Hey, Canes have a great playoff history (when they make the playoffs).

Since 2002 the Canes have made the playoff only four times. But, once they won the Cup, another time they lost in the finals and the other time they lost in the Conference finals. Just being the Carolina Hurricanes gives them a psychological edge in every series. The opponents feel they are fortunate to have drawn the Canes, thus being overconfident and mentally ill prepared.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Dudes what the **** is going on? Lmao

never seen any playoff like this in my lifetime as a fan, almost certain we`ll never see it again in my lifetime. The Canes are simply a wacky organization, they miss the playoffs more often than not but when they do make it, they usually win it or at the very least, make a deep run and DB stated above, feast or famine

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They're the favorites because they're further along than any other team. Teams like the Bruins and Sharks are more or less 50/50 to win their series let alone the Cup. Once all teams are through, the Hurricanes may even drop as low as 4th place in odds once everyone is through to the Conference Finals. Basically if you like the Hurricanes enough to bet on, do not do it now.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
That being said, Bruins would cruise past the Canes easily if they beat the Jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->