Stanley Cup parades/rallies

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
Haven't watched a Stanley Cup parade or 'rally' in quite some time.
During my lunch today at a restaurant saw some of the rally.
Televisions there were on mute but I got the visuals.

Don't want to sound TOO much like a curmudgeon but was type of rally new?
or how long ago did it turn into a drunken festival for the players with them wearing sunglasses, shorts and backwards hats while doing impromptu "dances", posturing, and generally goofing off while chugging back beer (Bud light?)

Don't expect a lot of dignified deportment now days, but a smidgen would be nice.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

or how long ago did it turn into a drunken festival for the players with them wearing sunglasses, shorts and backwards hats while doing impromptu "dances", posturing, and generally goofing off while chugging back beer (Bud light?)

Don't expect a lot of dignified deportment now days, but a smidgen would be nice.

this post is about 40 years late...

Reactions: Wingsfan 4 life

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Yeah... I live out in BC, grew up in Toronto when they were winning, remember the Parades up Bay Street to City Hall. The players in open top convertible's all in suits & ties as was most of the crowd, Sunday Best, all dignified, polite of course. Ticker tapes streaming down, confetti, marching band.... then waking up to the horrors on 94 & 2010? Are you freakin kiddin me? Appalling as have been any number of losses & or celebrations for some time now... People in general, society itself... absolutely no class. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad