GDT: Stanley Cup Final (God it feels good to just type that) Game #1 | St. Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Hey!
While you're waiting for the game 1 to start, I could use 3 minutes of your help Blues fans! I wanted to do a Stanley Cup finals version of this Bingo/Drinking game scorecard as a fun thing for each side. But I'll admit that I haven't watched much of either team this season and could use some help in gathering those lines / jokes to make them the most relevant to your team!

I'd need in total a good 15-20 lines of things that are fun/true about the Blues that are frequent things that either happens to your team, by specific players or against Bruins. A tall order, I know, but any help would be most appreciated! :)

Good luck in the Stanley Cup finals! :darth:

Some ideas:

SHG against
Perron takes offensive zone penalty
Pierre calls Pietrangelo "Petra-Angelo"
Someone mentions that the Blues were last in the league on Jan 3rd
Someone mentions that Maroon is a hometown boy
Sundqvist gets destroyed by a hit
Pietrangelo fails to keep the puck in
Bouwmeester flips the puck out rather than make an outlet pass
Broadcast shows the Bobby Orr pic
Gloria gets played
Steen tries to do a reverse check and ends up losing the puck
Binnington slashes a Bruin
Broadcast shows an emotionless Doug Armstrong
Schwarz hat trick
Oberyn’s list pretty much nailed it, could also add a too many men penalty, that bar in Philly is shown/mentioned, the PP spends less than 30 seconds on the attack.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
3Kz6I7W.gif

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
What was 2004 HFboards like? did you guys ride around on dinosaurs?
Earlier I thought it was 2003, it had been so long since I saw the date. Now I recall it was right after the Sharks series in 2004. I went to G1, just a classic 0-0 OT thriller that could have gone either way. Then in G2 the refs gave the Sharks a 5v3 in literally every period and straight decided the game. 2-0 in the series and the virtual end of the Chris Pronger Era. I was shocked not to see this mentioned in the last round amid all the brouhaha.That game and no other game will always be the worst reffed game I've ever seen. The box score is obscene. Rewatching it would make the blood boil. So of course I went to G1 last round with the same friend I went with to G2 15 years prior and there naturally was a 5v3 in the first period. I also got to see Chris Tierney indelibly spin Shattenkirk like a top in G3 in 2016, so after going 0-4 against that franchise, in this situation, you have no idea how difficult it was not to drive six hours to see G5 live but I did it for all of us. I went with "save your $$ for the Finals" in my head. But I did miss seeing the single greatest game in 33 years since Monday Night Miracle, Sharkie Five-O. At least I was at the 5-1 Anaheim game that started the streak.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Be warriors from puck drop #1 boys. I am sure the days off with the media have been fun, but now is the time for the Lions to get up and tear the shit out of everything. (Adapted from Poolhall Junkies).

Reactions: Bendak

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Its weird. I don't know what you all are talking about today. It seems like any other day to me. I mean sure, random tears of joy stream uncontrollably down my face, I have 100% adrenaline running through my veins, my nerves are tinged with enough anxiety to drop a Grizzly and I have known happiness for the first time in my 20+ years as a Blues fan.....but otherwise, its just a totally normal day.....

SpotlessPoisedIbis-size_restricted.gif

Nev81

Jun 19, 2017
So this is what it's like to be in the cup final. I must say as a fan of 25 years it feels like nothing else!!!

and yeah, I usually don't have much to say as a lurker of 5 years, but if this isn't the day to post and
write LET"S GO BLUES!!!!!!! then I don't know what is. Cool moment of history for the Blues and
it's fans.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Its weird. I don't know what you all are talking about today. It seems like any other day to me. I mean sure, random tears of joy stream uncontrollably down my face, I have 100% adrenaline running through my veins, my nerves are tinged with enough anxiety to drop a Grizzly and I have known happiness for the first time in my 20+ years as a Blues fan.....but otherwise, its just a totally normal day.....

SpotlessPoisedIbis-size_restricted.gif
So what every Blues fan is feeling today.

On a side note, there might have been a tornado just outside Chicago. This takes me back to my Kansas days where every storm was a potential tornado. The extra adrenaline is on standby just for those moments.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Earlier I thought it was 2003, it had been so long since I saw the date. Now I recall it was right after the Sharks series in 2004. I went to G1, just a classic 0-0 OT thriller that could have gone either way. Then in G2 the refs gave the Sharks a 5v3 in literally every period and straight decided the game. 2-0 in the series and the virtual end of the Chris Pronger Era. I was shocked not to see this mentioned in the last round amid all the brouhaha.That game and no other game will always be the worst reffed game I've ever seen. The box score is obscene. Rewatching it would make the blood boil. So of course I went to G1 last round with the same friend I went with to G2 15 years prior and there naturally was a 5v3 in the first period. I also got to see Chris Tierney indelibly spin Shattenkirk like a top in G3 in 2016, so after going 0-4 against that franchise, in this situation, you have no idea how difficult it was not to drive six hours to see G5 live but I did it for all of us. I went with "save your $$ for the Finals" in my head. But I did miss seeing the single greatest game in 33 years since Monday Night Miracle, Sharkie Five-O. At least I was at the 5-1 Anaheim game that started the streak.

I remember that screwjob of a game well! I also remember Sillinger scoring a hattrick and Danton scored a shorthanded goal sometime in that series also. I was living in Tampa at the time, so I had a team to root for after the Blues were eliminated. That was a pretty special run for the Lightning team and the city of Tampa, I'm glad we finally have our turn at a run as well. I think you forget our 2012 series vs the Sharks though(you referenced us being 0-4 against them). I was in the house for game 5 when we clinched our first playoff series win in a decade. I thought the roof was going to collapse when Perron scored the go-ahead goal with less than 10 minutes left. That series also had the infamous "Polak Door" incident at the end of game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->