Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final G5: Caps Win! - Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
Summer sucks :thumbd:
i'm feeling like Cartman waiting for Nintendo Wii:
Come ohhhn! Come ohhhn! Oh, for the love of God, how much longer?!

1012-come-on.jpg

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Just posting to congratulate all the Caps fans for the championship and say hi to all old hf-buddies (like @kicksavedave) here who may remember me. I've been away for about 10 years. It looks like there are good conversations going on, so I might try to visit here more often in the future. Sorry for my rusty English, haven't used it much lately.

Hey TomppaV, great to hear from you! Hope you got to enjoy some of the Caps Stanley Cup Championship from Finland. Yeah its been a long time but I often look back on those times when the Caps message board hosted you in DC and we went to games, got into the locker room, all that fun stuff. Seems like 40 years ago but it was March of 2000. Here's one old pic to jog your memory.

I live in San Diego California now, and I'm on my 2nd wife and first kid (3 years old). I promised myself when he was born I would not let him become a Caps fan, but I may have to reconsider that as he was at my side while I watched all the games up through the big final win and Cup celebration. He cheered every goal and every win with me, so maybe now that the suffering is all behind us, he can join the Caps fan club.

Pysähdy ... Voin lähettää sinulle lisää näistä kuvista, jos haluat. Se oli niin hyvää isännöimään sinua,

ja jos olet aina menossa länsirannikolle, meillä on runsaasti tilaa sinulle ja vaimollesi :)

Attachments

• IM000501.jpg
    IM000501.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 39

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
View attachment 129301

Got this in the mail from my friend who is a DC officer. Thought you guys would appreciate it.

I'm quoting this again and copying to the swag thread as well. My police officer friend got me the patch, which I never would have known about if it wasn't for you 5MM so thanks.

As a bonus they sent me this as well. I have no idea what it really is, it's called a "challenge coin", but it looks cool as heck!

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 7.00.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 7.07.45 PM.png

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I'm quoting this again and copying to the swag thread as well. My police officer friend got me the patch, which I never would have known about if it wasn't for you 5MM so thanks.

As a bonus they sent me this as well. I have no idea what it really is, it's called a "challenge coin", but it looks cool as heck!

View attachment 130757
View attachment 130759

Challenge coins are a “thing”in law enforcement. Not something I ever got into but that one is certainly pretty damned cool! (I’m retired Binghamton Police and currently working for the DA’s Office)

Congrats to you on getting these and I hope you, and all Caps fans, are enjoying your summer with the Cup. Been a Sabres fan since the 73-74 season.

I hope I feel what you are before I take a dirt nap.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Challenge coins are a “thing”in law enforcement. Not something I ever got into but that one is certainly pretty damned cool! (I’m retired Binghamton Police and currently working for the DA’s Office)

Congrats to you on getting these and I hope you, and all Caps fans, are enjoying your summer with the Cup. Been a Sabres fan since the 73-74 season.

I hope I feel what you are before I take a dirt nap.

Thanks for the info, I am retired Baltimore PD and I can never remember having those for the Ravens Super Bowl teams.

Let me just say every season I say to myself, "Self, if the Caps can't win the Cup please let the Sabres win the Cup". People say teams don't deserve Cups but god dang it fans sure as hell do!!

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Thanks for the info, I am retired Baltimore PD and I can never remember having those for the Ravens Super Bowl teams.

Let me just say every season I say to myself, "Self, if the Caps can't win the Cup please let the Sabres win the Cup". People say teams don't deserve Cups but god dang it fans sure as hell do!!

Thanks, bud....throw a hope or two up for my Bills as well if the Ravens aren’t there! LOL

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

I think if it were any other year, that Vegas would have won that series. Washington, for so many reasons, were so filled with emotion, and with so much determination, that they just would not be denied (again.)

We were way better than Vegas, they never stood a chance in any year. Maybe in other years we lose to Columbus, Pittsburgh, or Tampa, but Vegas was just a pretty good team that won a weak west. Winnipeg winning would have been a far more interesting final.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
was just doing a rewatch of some highlights game-by-game, as one does. I had kind of forgotten about Doc saying at the end of game 5 vs Pitt "the crowd is cheering because they know they're guaranteed at least one more home game..." wasn't an elimination game or anything. what a killjoy.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
was just doing a rewatch of some highlights game-by-game, as one does. I had kind of forgotten about Doc saying at the end of game 5 vs Pitt "the crowd is cheering because they know they're guaranteed at least one more home game..." wasn't an elimination game or anything. what a killjoy.

He sucks, I can't stand Doc. You could sense the fake excitement when Kuzy scored the series winner.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He sucks, I can't stand Doc. You could sense the fake excitement when Kuzy scored the series winner.
I dunno. He’s ok. He obviously loves the game. Eddie was surprisingly complementary to the Caps this year, which was weird. Pierre is unbearable. I’ve been rewatching the run and the CBC guys were bigger Pens and 87 slurpers than NBC, which I really didn’t expect. So pick your poison I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad