Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Just posting to show my new avatar. Ted Leonsis doesn't get enough credit for this Cup win. His biggest crime was always simply too much patience with GMGM, but he's done virtually everything first class by this team, these fans and this city, since day 1. Congrats to Mr Ted Leonsis, scratched another item off your 101 list!

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
Just dropping in to say dang it feels good to be Cup champs and see that we’re returning the majority of our Cup winning team. The potential lineups look awesome and it’s great going into a season for once with well known Cup winning quantities on our team rather than the unknown. We can plug in and play going forward and bring home another Cup in my opinion. I think we’ll make a splash at the trade deadline for a skilled winger to ramp up the offense this go around. Hopefully we can get Orpik back on a small deal.

I expect a bit of a Cup hangover in the months leading up to the new year which I’m ok with. But with a new coach maybe we avoid that. I’m cool with Ovechkin taking a few months to get back into shape :lol:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Just dropping in to say dang it feels good to be Cup champs and see that we’re returning the majority of our Cup winning team. The potential lineups look awesome and it’s great going into a season for once with well known Cup winning quantities on our team rather than the unknown. We can plug in and play going forward and bring home another Cup in my opinion. I think we’ll make a splash at the trade deadline for a skilled winger to ramp up the offense this go around. Hopefully we can get Orpik back on a small deal.

I expect a bit of a Cup hangover in the months leading up to the new year which I’m ok with. But with a new coach maybe we avoid that. I’m cool with Ovechkin taking a few months to get back into shape :lol:
I actually expect Ovie to come to camp in great shape. He knows what it takes now and he’s got a taste of how it feels. He’s gonna want more.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Just posting to show my new avatar. Ted Leonsis doesn't get enough credit for this Cup win. His biggest crime was always simply too much patience with GMGM, but he's done virtually everything first class by this team, these fans and this city, since day 1. Congrats to Mr Ted Leonsis, scratched another item off your 101 list!

I have always been with Ted because you could really see how much he cared. I got so tired of defending him on the old boards I just gave up. :(

As to next season, just make the playoffs and see what happens. Win a round or two, lose, really doesn't matter to me as long as they make the playoffs. To be honest, I don't even know if I care about that either. :laugh:

I just re-watched game five against the Pens, man I loved that game!!

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I have always been with Ted because you could really see how much he cared. I got so tired of defending him on the old boards I just gave up. :(

As to next season, just make the playoffs and see what happens. Win a round or two, lose, really doesn't matter to me as long as they make the playoffs. To be honest, I don't even know if I care about that either. :laugh:

I just re-watched game five against the Pens, man I loved that game!!

Ted seems like a decent dude. His patience is a virtue.

That said, I pretty much stopped going to games because the prices are approaching Dan Snyder levels.

Oh well at least Ted doesn't sell expired peanuts.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
EB5C87CB-5006-4154-88CA-9347579FD160.jpeg

Got this in the mail from my friend who is a DC officer. Thought you guys would appreciate it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Just out of curiosity are people wearing Caps gear, or maybe you have something on your car showing your allegiance, and having people just come up to you and like high five you or give you a smile and nod?

I live in the suburbs of B-More and man am I getting this a lot. Kids birthday party dude decked out in Caps gear gives me the nod, gas station, driving (my car is a Caps billboard). I feel like I'm part of some "fight club" and there are a lot more of us then I ever imagined.

Also if you were driving in Dundalk last Friday and have a VA license plate that says "HOLTBST" that was me who was waving at you like an insane person. ;)

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The other day in the grocery store in suburban Baltimore a guy noticed my tattoo and came up and talked to me for about five minutes.

His story was amazing, he and his father had been season tickets for 37 years, finally gave them up last season out of frustration. His father, who got him into the sport way back then passed away a few years back and he said it was beyond horrible that he missed out on this season. I am a sucker for a sad story and by the time he was done I was a wreck. I just went in to grab some milk and bread........

Anyway on a positive note, he did take HIS son to a playoff game and the parade.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The other day in the grocery store in suburban Baltimore noticed my tattoo and came up and talked to me for about five minutes.

His story was amazing, he and his father had been season tickets for 37 years, finally gave them up last season out of frustration. His father, who got him into the sport way back then passed away a few years back and he said it was beyond horrible that he missed out on this season. I am a sucker for a sad story and by the time he was done I was a wreck. I just went in to grab some milk and bread........

Anyway on a positive note, he did take HIS son to a playoff game and the parade.
This is precisely why we kept our seats even tho they are a fortune and it's a PITA. My baby nieces will grow up in those seats just like me and my sisters did, dammit.

Really feel for the guy. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad