Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final G5: Caps Win! - Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I still get chills and tear up a bit when I hear Doc's call for Kuzy's goal.

"It is Ovechkin moving back, he gives it on to Kuznetsov... moving on in... HE SCAAARS! The Capitals have made it to the Eastern Conference Final for the first time in 19 years! The defending champs, are defending no more." Man, all the feels.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
from now on.... every time the capitals lose a crucial game... you can say "oh well, they have a cup" xd

This brings up a good point. I have never understood why SOME Pens fans on the main boards can be such pretentious dicks given the success they have had in the last ten years? I never engage anyone, except daver ;), because why bother, they shut down every argument with the Cup answer, but the point is why would any of it matter to them? They have all those Cups. I know the Caps fanbase here and could never see us doing that to anyone.

Now that the Caps have finally won, all arguments/discussions are basically moot, "we have a Cup". Team is playing bad, "oh well, they have a cup", Ovie/Kuzy/Backstrom in a slump, "oh well, they have a cup", and on and on.

This Cup win buys the Caps so many years of "oh well, they have a cup" from me I can't even tell you. :dunno:

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Game 3 of the CBJ series was being replayed on NHL Network recently. I caught it halfway through and of course had to watch it. The beginning of the run. We were on the ropes the 2nd half of that game and Holtbeast stood tall, and we also had some luck like Panerin beating Holt and hitting the post with a minute left in regulation. Crazy to think how differently things could've turned out this season had the puck bounced differently a few times.

My wife definitely gave me a disgusted look when she saw me watching it, like still hockey really??

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Game 3 of the CBJ series was being replayed on NHL Network recently. I caught it halfway through and of course had to watch it. The beginning of the run. We were on the ropes the 2nd half of that game and Holtbeast stood tall, and we also had some luck like Panerin beating Holt and hitting the post with a minute left in regulation. Crazy to think how differently things could've turned out this season had the puck bounced differently a few times.

My wife definitely gave me a disgusted look when she saw me watching it, like still hockey really??

Was watching the same game a few days ago while my daughter was watching cartoons on the iPad. My looked me, looked at the TV, looked back at me, and said, "Spoiler alert: they won." I think she's amused that I'm still captivated by it.

kokyi1

May 24, 2018
Was watching the same game a few days ago while my daughter was watching cartoons on the iPad. My looked me, looked at the TV, looked back at me, and said, "Spoiler alert: they won." I think she's amused that I'm still captivated by it.

I find that with a little more calm, I see things that I missed the first time, especially away from the puck.

kokyi1

May 24, 2018
his Cup win buys the Caps so many years of "oh well, they have a cup" from me I can't even tell you.

Good point. I'm using it too, not because it is any kind of argument but because it is exactly as valid as the "No Cup!" People that think "Caps Suck!" is good hockey discussion deserve no better.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I still get chills and tear up a bit when I hear Doc's call for Kuzy's goal.

"It is Ovechkin moving back, he gives it on to Kuznetsov... moving on in... HE SCAAARS! The Capitals have made it to the Eastern Conference Final for the first time in 19 years! The defending champs, are defending no more." Man, all the feels.

The John Walton call is so much better.

The demons have been exorcised!!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How did I miss this?

Vegas-SCF-defence.png

:clap::amazed::bow:

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
This brings up a good point. I have never understood why SOME Pens fans on the main boards can be such pretentious dicks given the success they have had in the last ten years? I never engage anyone, except daver ;), because why bother, they shut down every argument with the Cup answer, but the point is why would any of it matter to them? They have all those Cups. I know the Caps fanbase here and could never see us doing that to anyone.

Let them cry. They have been crying since May and they are going to be crying all summer.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I think my favorite part is after Bettman calls ovechkin up... when he turns around and roars back at the team... goosebumps every time

There are a couple different versions of the video. The original broadcast was a close up of Ovie but you don't see who he is yelling at. Other versions show a wider view and it's the team he's yelling at. You can see the guys start to go nuts. Pretty cool.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
There are a couple different versions of the video. The original broadcast was a close up of Ovie but you don't see who he is yelling at. Other versions show a wider view and it's the team he's yelling at. You can see the guys start to go nuts. Pretty cool.

That whole sequence is awesome. I knew immediately he stopped en route to getting the cup from Bents, to make it about the team as much as possible.

After he gets handed the cup I am fairly certain the team started yelling YEAH at him, and he joined in, before his first proper YEAH as he hoisted the cup as the music ramps up.

I may need to go watch it again. And again.

I still think the Vegas pregame stunt was in extremely poor taste in light of what happened to start the season. Couldn't a few knights just chase a few Caps players away from hitting on their ambassador cheerleaders, and not have bodies laying on the ice? If that was the image the league wants, their consistent and persistent crackdown on hitting and fighting don't reflect it.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

smd333

May 2, 2012
I there a youtube video of the cup being passed around in succession? I never actually saw Wilson skate with the cup I was on NBC at the time and there was a problem with NBCSN

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I there a youtube video of the cup being passed around in succession? I never actually saw Wilson skate with the cup I was on NBC at the time and there was a problem with NBCSN

It was lame that NBC cut away from the celebration so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->