Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final G5: Caps Win! - Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I have great feeling about tonight. Almost a lifetime of wanting this almost here. I haven't been nervous all playoffs, however this kind of nerves is different. I have thought about all the Caps teams I've watched and great players over the years the last few days. More importantly, I think about the friends I've made through the Caps both alive and deceased. I still have no idea to feel knowing this could happen. I also think of the ridicule by other fan bases over the decades, so this is going to be sweet. Also, I know a lot of names here from years past on prodigy and the espn boards, so it' s been a longtime coming. I can say this for myself, this is going to be a dog fight night and still lots of hockey left and expect Vegas to come out pouring. I feel Ovechkin will seal his legend status tonight.

Jun 15, 2007
In light of this Colangelo thing...

What if DDRHockey actually is Nick?

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I know that spot well, the old OBA Bank. If you hear someone screaming STRIKE-ING DIST-ANCE it will likely be me. Drunk. I will likely wear my Kuzy 92 TShirt as well since it shant be hot and blue 511 shorts loaded with party supplies. I may only have 1 maiden in tow later on, and definitely a dude with me. My most caps obsessed friend.

haha...one of my maiden friends is flying in from Cali earlier than expected just to watch the game outside with other fans.

Reactions: RandyHolt

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Win it for Slava Malamud.

Win it for RMNB a valuable source of all thing CAPS

Win it to spite Slava Malamud.

Win it for JF Fortin, Jason Doig, Kuchera, Stephen Peat, Trent Whitfield, and Mike Grier

And what could of been, Nolan Yonkman

Win it for me.

Win it for Langway/Hunter/Cote/Hatcher/Ridley/Miller and of course Al "Wild Thing" Iafrate!

Forgot Dino Ciccarelli!

Just f***ing win it.

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
Ugh - I can't figure out what to do for the game.

I want to head downtown for the experience in the event they close it out tonight, but I'm also worried about everything involved in doing that once I get down there. Getting a good view in a bar, bathroom situations after drinking a few, etc.

This has been the longest day and I can't imagine adding more nerves and having to wait for another game on Sunday. I hope these guys close it out.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Stuck in Boston on biz. Gonna try to head to "The Greatest" sports bar where Caps fans congregate but will get there late. Hope they save some beer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad